Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help measuring trousers for MTM? (Luxire specifically)

Anachronist

New in Town
I've decided to have Luxire make a pair of trousers for me, so I measured a pair that I have that I like the fit of. I have two questions. First, do the measurements I took look sane, i.e. did I make some kind of glaring mistake that is obvious to those of you who measure trousers a lot? Second, I'd like to add a fishtail back and rear cinch strap. Does anyone have any experience having fishtail back trousers made by Luxire? What should I tell them to make sure that I end up with a good result? I imagine I'll want to add some to the back rise measurement and possibly some to the pant length measurement, but how much? I'll post some fit pics of the existing trousers in a couple of hours when my wife gets home.

The trousers I have are a bit short, so I added 1 1/2 inches to the inseam and the overall pant length. Otherwise, these are the actual measurements (note that I am 6'4" and a little on the slim side):
Half waist*: 17.5
Inseam: 35
Thigh*: 14.25
Half hip*: 24
Front rise: 13
Knee*: 10
Pant length: 46.5
Back rise: 19.5
Bottom/ankle opening*: 9.5

*Taken with the garment laying flat, aka 1/2 measurements

Anachronist

New in Town
Here are some pictures of the existing trousers. Now that I'm seeing these pictures, I kind of realize that the fit isn't as hot as I had thought. Anyone have any ideas of how to adjust them so they drape a little nicer?
2015-07-29 16.26.59.jpg 2015-07-29 16.26.54.jpg 2015-07-29 16.26.46.jpg

Whislerm

New in Town
I've had a heck of a time trying to get my trousers from Luxire to drape. I've tried about 8 pairs of trousers and the last pair was the best so far. Whether or not it's the correct way a tailor would fix the problem but I ended up shortening the inseam and adding to both the front and back rise so it wouldn't pull tight on the seat and mess up the back drape. Fabric weight also has a lot to do with drape, a nice heavy tweed will crease and fall very nice compared to some sort of super 120's weave that's only 8oz.

Luxire now has a test trousers thing where you can try your measurements and they'll machine sew everything using a cheaper fabric to see if your measurements fit well. I wish I would have tried that, I have 4 or 5 trousers in nice fabric that don't fit at all.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran