Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed, which A2 maker?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
On the other hand Aero might be in the process of revising their Bronco presentation on the Aero website as the result of what was said earlier but have not gotten around to it just yet. As I look into my crystal ball, I see you making a trip from London to Galashiels since you now have the fever. ;) :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
While I was typing my response, Sloan just beat me to the punch, saying essentially the same thing.

Mark

Practically Family
Hi all, thanks for all your replies. I hope Aero do put back the Bronco back on the menu. However, I kind of sense the Real Deal might be the way to go, as one of you said best keep it local. I'v seen a couple of examples of the Real Deal in the Jerky Russet and think it looks great.

Cheers and thanks

zhz

Practically Family
Hi all, thanks for all your replies. I hope Aero do put back the Bronco back on the menu. However, I kind of sense the Real Deal might be the way to go, as one of you said best keep it local. I'v seen a couple of examples of the Real Deal in the Jerky Russet and think it looks great.

Cheers and thanks

You dont have much choice if you in UK, Aero and ELC are two best choice.

Jeremy James Cook

New in Town
Cocktail Party at the British Library next Friday
Hello, my name is Jeremy and I have just joined Fedora Lounge. cannot see how to start a new thread, hence I am posting on this thread to say that we need more people to come to a 1920s style cocktail party next Friday at the British Museum in London. In particular we would like to get a few more blokes to come as most attendees coming at the moment are women (fashion industry). The cocktail party takes place in the entertainment room of the British Library and follows a talk on 1920s Hollywood fashions. The famous art deco band 'Alex Mendham and his Orchestra' will be playing on the night. regarding what to wear there is no rigid dresscode in case it might deter people from coming but I would have thought black-tie would be expected given nature of event. best of all cocktail party only costs £5 as event is sponsored by an American cultural organisation. below are details of the event, or if you would like to see original website then please see - http://www.bl.uk/whatson/exhibition...er&ns_source=blogs&ns_linkname=glitz&ns_fee=0 or to book a ticket please look at separate website - http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/puttin-on-the-glitz-the-cocktail-party-tickets-6101532849?aff=efbbt

Puttin' on the Glitz - Fashion & Film in the Jazz Age

Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18.30-22.30

Conference Centre, British Library

£8, (£6 Over 60s) and £5

Amber Jane Butchart

Book now for 28 Mar 2014

Film Pictorial Annual 1935, British Library Shelfmark PP.1912.FECFashion extraordinaire Amber Jane Butchart transports you to the glitz and glamour of Jazz Age Hollywood and the costumes that took London by storm. She draws on the Library's collection of vintage magazines in this talk with Christopher Laverty, editor of the popular blog Clothes on Film, who examines the flamboyantly dressed 'Dandy Gangster' as portrayed in the HBO series Boardwalk Empire.

Joan Crawford in Letty Lynton,MGM, clothesonfilm.comFrom Theda Bara and Ginger Rogers to the costume designers who became celebrities in their own right, Amber explores fashion on the big screen during the 1920s – 30s. Magazines like Photoplay and Vogue featured Hollywood stars and every detail of their costumes, exciting fans and retailers to recreate dresses like the famous ruffled gown worn by Joan Crawford in the 1932 film Letty Lynton.

London Art Fashion Journal, July 1900.British Library Images Online

Gangsters from the 1920s Prohibition era cared more for their suits, hats and shoes than anything else. They wore lavish fabrics and glaringly bright tones. Chris examines the history of the 'dandy gangster' and the specifics of his attire. He gives us exclusive access to the costumes in award-winning series Boardwalk Empire and the influence these colourful men still have on fashion today.

This event is perfect for fashion designers and students, bloggers, costume designers, film-makers and anyone interested in fashion and film.

Followed by a cocktail party hosted by The Vintage Mafia.

Step into our boudoir and get your hair done in jazz-age style by Pretty Me Vintage before getting snapped in Hanson Leatherby’s Travelling Portrait Studio. The Vintage News will be interviewing the glitziest guests and Alex Mendham and his Orchestra - the UK’s foremost deco era dance band – will make you Charleston the night away!

Sponsored by The Eccles Centre for American Studies. Food by Peyton & Byrne.

If you can only join us for the cocktail party, please book your tickets here.

About the speakers:

Amber Jane Butchart

Amber Jane Butchart photo by Jo DuckFashion historian, writer, broadcaster and lecturer at London College of Fashion, Amber's website Theatre of Fashion is recommended by the British Fashion Council and Italian Grazia. She's appeared on BBC and has been featured in Vogue and the Guardian. Her book Amber Jane Butchart's Fashion Miscellany is out in February 2014 published by Ilex.

Christopher Laverty

Christopher Laverty photo by David WadeWriter and broadcaster Christopher Laverty has written for Mr Porter, Stylist and Empire and has been featured on HBO television. He's the creator of Clothes on Film which has made countless 'best blogs' lists, is endorsed by Ralph Lauren and hailed by BBC Radio 6 DJ Lauren Laverne as a 'Proper indie website made with mad love for its subject'.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
JJC you can click on "Outerwear" and then open a new thread by then clicking on "+ Post New Thread" to start a new thread. BTW welcome to the FL.

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
ELC may be the best, but there are some other less expensive (and less accurate) A-2 makers in the UK as well: besides Aero there is Alexander Leathers, Wested and Aviation Leathercraft. All make a version of the A-2. Good luck with your choice.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Thor, i was not aware Wested and Aviation were UK based, i'll have to give them a look. Alexander seem to only have the one A2 and i don't like the look of that collar.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24