Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help please!

billyspew

One Too Many
I have a suit that I bought about 12 years ago and I've always worn a belt with the trousers, however I've always thought braces would go better.

I recently pulled it out of the wardrobe to wear, but my current braces don't fit them - they seem to have odd metal rings instead of buttons, can anyone help identify what hey are and what braces might work.

Thanks in advance!

Picture:http://www.flickr.com/photos/billyspew/3085662898/

Bill

Justdog

Practically Family
Braces

billyspew said:
I have a suit that I bought about 12 years ago and I've always worn a belt with the trousers, however I've always thought braces would go better.

I recently pulled it out of the wardrobe to wear, but my current braces don't fit them - they seem to have odd metal rings instead of buttons, can anyone help identify what hey are and what braces might work.

Thanks in advance!

Picture:http://www.flickr.com/photos/billyspew/3085662898/

Bill

It appears to be an old link type as the brace rivet fits into the pant link and locks in. Same as a farmer overall functions.

Braces

New in Town
Braces

This looks like the fixing in Hector Powe suits, I have just examined mine. Hector Powe braces are extremely hard to come by these days, I think you may have to sew some buttons in to the waistband.

billyspew

One Too Many
Aaah...

That makes sense. It's actually a Burberrys one and Hector Powe was purchased (and subsequently shut down) by Burberrys in the 70's. Unfortunately Burberrys (actually GUS) did this a lot in the 60's and 70's.

I'll keep an eye out for a pair and ask my father and uncle if they have any (my uncle was at Burberrys for 30+ years, my father worked for Hector Powe & GUS and was the one who shut it down).

Cheers,

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL