Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Unbranded jeans feel crushing my balls

Hh121

Banned
It only happens when I sit(due to short rise I think), what can I do? Is it normal for raw jeans?
Whats your recommendation of other brand that is ball-friendly?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If it’s normal I don’t want a pair. Think you need to source some more jeans…

dwilson

A-List Customer
"Raw jeans" is pretty broad. You can get raw denim with super high rises or with super low rises. If you don't like the Unbranded cut its probably just not the right cut for you. Iron Heart typically has higher rises.

With that said yes UB typically do have ball crushing rises from my experience.

Al 916

One Too Many
IH 634 has a good top section. I think the 888 share the pattern with higher rise.

I have both and have no 'troubles'.

ES335

One of the Regulars
"Raw jeans" is pretty broad. You can get raw denim with super high rises or with super low rises. If you don't like the Unbranded cut its probably just not the right cut for you. Iron Heart typically has higher rises.

With that said yes UB typically do have ball crushing rises from my experience.
Another reason to avoid cheap Chinese jeans...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Didn’t know N&F owned unbranded. I’ve only seen poor qc from unbranded. I have 3 pair of N&F and like them a bunch. Particularly my 22oz.

jglf

A-List Customer
Know the dimensions of jeans that fit your body type just like we do with jackets.

Fifty150

One Too Many
3 issues come to mind.

1. You are pulling your pants up too high. Wear the jeans lower.

2. You are wearing the wrong size. You don't need the jeans to be skin tight. Forget about what the label says, and that in your mind, you are a certain size. Get the same jeans in another size. Get them 2 sizes up, and see how those feel.

3. Different brands have different patterns that they build jeans with. Try another brand. Try a different style. Timeless, and it should be the baseline, are the straight cut. Think Levi's 501. Jeans started changing in The 70's, with flared leg bell bottom jeans. By The 90's, jeans were roomier fit and baggy cut. Cargo pockets were added. And they tapered at the ankle. After 2000, there was no more baseline, no more rules. Every manufacturer sold jeans with their own interpretation. Skinny jeans, which are sold today, are girls' pants. They have spandex. Stop wearing girls' pants.

barnabus

One Too Many
I have a pair of 21oz Unbranded skinny fit, UB121 - which is about as ball crushing as they make 'em. But I've never had an issue with comfort, other than how it ruined my thumbs trying to do up the fly buttons when they were new.

Hopefully that doesn't reflect badly on my balls.

Beast

New in Town
Unbranded are low rise, hoisting them up too high will not increase comfort. Perhaps something from pike brothers will be more to your liking/comfort.
Also, most raw/selvedge denim vendors will have extensive size charts, pay close attention to the hip size, and the "real" waist size. Compare that to a pair of jeans you already own and that fit comfortably. Sizing is inconsistent due to vanity sizing. I can range from a 34 waist to a 38 waist all due to vanity sizing. Use the size chart to get proper measurements and don't go with whatever's printed on the label.

And maybe switch to boxer briefs?

zebedee

One Too Many
The only way any of us can help you is to tell you to remove the jeans. In the same arena of assistance, the problem identified in: 'Help! Footwear X is crushing my feet!' would respond well to removing the footwear.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
It is easy to stretch the jeans in the waist by 0.5 - 1 inch just by wearing them, dry or wet. But in crotch, not so much. If I had three pairs and did not want to take a hit of selling them at 50% retail, I'd soak them and hang them by the belt loops with some weights straddling the crotch, putting some weight on it. Maybe you can gain 1/2" that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails