Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Vinegar Spots from Smoke Treatment

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
Gotta dilute more than 50 50 sir especially on a light color

That's rough. Try something like bick 4 rub it in with a microfiber set if it changes it at all.
What ratio would you use on a light color jacket?

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
Ok, so here’s what I’m going to do and I’ll report back.

1) I’ll probably ozone it one more time to see if I can get more of the smell out

2) If the smell is gone, I’ll spray the leather with water with a water sprayer and wear it while it dries. If the smell is still there I’ll add water to this solution

3) if the spots still exist and stand out to the point I can’t stand it, I’ll finish the leather with tallow or oils.

I have a friend that processes hides and he recommends using this:
It will darken the leather but will probably blend things in a bit.

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
Ozone treatment went well. I did a longer treatment this time at 45 minutes. I had originally done 20-25 minutes. I'll spray it down with just water and will wear, hopefully tonight, but may be this weekend. We will see what it does...

@JMax is the ozone-meister.
I usually mix 1:1, but I've never done it on a lighter colored leather.

Captain Ozone saw the Bat signal and has arrived!!

I see OP worked it out. Yes, when in doubt, just add more ozone. Putting the jackets in a small container or space when getting ozone’d helps too. Air the jackets outside when done, unless you enjoy the contact high. Captain Ozone sometimes does. Good luck.

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
It had a little residual smell when I was spraying it, so I added a ratio of 1:4 vinegar to water and sprayed it again after the water was soaked up.

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
Currently wearing it around the house
IMG_2281.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Best of luck with getting the smoke smell out of that very nice jacket.

It's quite difficult, but sometimes it does lessen with time.

I will say that this photo completely changed my perspective of Natural leather jackets...
1714444977229.png

Now this sort of thing may indeed be on my bucket list.... :)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Captain Ozone saw the Bat signal and has arrived!!

I see OP worked it out. Yes, when in doubt, just add more ozone. Putting the jackets in a small container or space when getting ozone’d helps too. Air the jackets outside when done, unless you enjoy the contact high. Captain Ozone sometimes does. Good luck.
Captain Oz….that’s prob gonna stick!
Salute
B

Igneous629

One of the Regulars
I’m happy to report that the water/vinegar marks are slowly starting to blend in after a couple rounds of vinegar/water mixture sprayed on the leather and then wearing it. I’m super excited to start wearing this jacking in. Thank you all for your help as usual!
IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_2294.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2296.jpeg
    IMG_2296.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics