Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Aero jacket fit

Edward

Bartender
Fit overall looks grand to me. Body is long looking; do Insurrection specify the body with an added inch or two? If sleeves are fine when zipped up, I'd stick with sleevelength as is.

ppratim

New in Town
Fit overall looks grand to me. Body is long looking; do Insurrection specify the body with an added inch or two? If sleeves are fine when zipped up, I'd stick with sleevelength as is.

This is from Thurston Bros- it was specified that both the body and sleeve has one extra inch. However, I like the length on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
This is from Thurston Bros- it was specified that both the body and sleeve has one extra inch. However, I like the length on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it works for you, that's what matters. Looks longer than usual to me, but not "wrong" as such. If you like thr body as is, I'd not change anything on this one. Or see if you can buy that fit jacket. ;)

Edward

Bartender
Good idea; if I was gonig the Thurston route and the fit jacket was exactly what I wanted, I'd have done the same. :)

John Warr

Familiar Face
Frankly it is not easy to say from pictures. It looks as if there is a lot of spare above the elbows however, so I would GUESS that the sleeves are a tad long. Don't get them shortened from the bottom if they do turn out inconveniently long. It usually means shortening the zip which rarely looks good.

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Apropos of this dilemma when we all try on the jacket and need to make that big decision. Recently when being fitted for a suit - I was standing at the mirror looking - the salesman asked one very simple question - "Do you love it?" That sort of hit me like bam - yeah do I love it? Nope. I didn't really "LOVE" it - it was "just okay." So we went on to another color, style etc until I found the one that I "loved" unequivicolly. Seems so simple, right? But for some reason I had never couched it in those terms before.
That jacket looks pretty good on you but those long sleeves may be annoying after awhile and its just me but I don't typically like jackets where the front zipper doesn't come all the way to the hem - but as others have said its all subjective and I would ask "Do YOU love it?" And go from there. For the money you pay Thurston for jackets you really need to love it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24