Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with first leather jacket

Which jacket

• LW

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Aero 1

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Aero 2

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for this. Those three are just a few that I came across which happened to be in my size. Thanks to this thread I'll be able to find more. I'll bear your advice in mind and look for some aeros on eBay Thank you very much.
Do Not Go By Tagged Size Only!
Measure yourself accurately and go by those numbers. The jackets you are looking at are all custom made, and the tag isn’t always a real indicator of the garments dimensions. Tag is only a ball-park number with these.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Do Not Go By Tagged Size Only!
Measure yourself accurately and go by those numbers. The jackets you are looking at are all custom made, and the tag isn’t always a real indicator of the garments dimensions. Tag is only a ball-park number with these.

Tagged size is a guideline, yes. But measure a jacket that fits you well, not just your body. The seller will have measurements of the jacket, not their body, and it's easier to compare jacket measurements to other jacket measurements than it is to know your body size and guess what jacket measurements work best for it.

Neither photo of the Aero jackets is a Highwayman ( look at the bottom hem and back belt). They are both Half Belts. I'd be very wary of a seller who doesn't actually know what he has,

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Neither photo of the Aero jackets is a Highwayman ( look at the bottom hem and backs). They are both Half Belts. I'd be very wary of a seller who doesn't actually know what he has,

I wouldn't. You can often get a great deal when they don't know what they have. Look at the jacket, know what it is, assess its condition, and decide if the price is right for you. It's the buyer's responsibility to be educated, the seller just needs to be reliable enough to complete the transaction. But if you don't know what you're buying, then a knowledgeable seller who is honest and helpful is certainly an asset.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I was looking at that LW listing yesterday. There's like 3 or 4 different listings using the same pics at different price points. I'd be careful on that one. I usually ask them to send me a pic of something they didn't show, i.e. send me a pic showing the shoulder measurement or whatever. Will let you know whether they have the jacket on hand or there's other funny business going on.

...especially when the linked listing has a warning that the account has been copied or images stolen- be careful that it is an authentic listing.

CharlesT

New in Town
Same I noticed that the same jacket with the exact photos crop up at different prices. Sometimes from the same seller, sometimes from others

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a quality second hand leather jacket. So far I've found some pieces that I would like you guys' opinion on.

First is one from lost world's. I've heard mixed reviews on the brand and would like some opinions on this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363175160855

Second is one from aero
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143623373830

Third is also from aero
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143819150603

What do you guys think of these? Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. How's the pricing? If you guys have any steals or brands to recommend that would be extremely helpful too. My size is 36/38.

Thanks a lot and I hope you have a nice day

Just bear in mind that you may find thicker leathers hard to wear and uncomfortable. Over 30 years of leather jacket buying I have not enjoyed wearing thicker hides (3oz and over). Just one element to ponder. Mnay people here love their heavy hides but, there are some others who have a different experince.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot