Help with first leatherjacket!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Orash Schmid, Mar 18, 2020.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

1.2 and 1.3 is probably the same, throughout the jacket probably you get a bit thicker and a bit thinner parts when they skive it, it's not man made with totally consistent thickness everywhere.
    you may need to jump 1.6, 1.8 to get different feel.

2. HeyZeusPenguin

HeyZeusPenguin Familiar Face

Yeah it was bad choice of word on my part. Yes i love thicker hides. I guess for most 1.2 would be substantial, but most people prefer softer leather, as i understand.

Seb Lucas likes this.
  3. HeyZeusPenguin

I have actually felt a difference between the two, but of course its very small. Also, buffalo is typically spongier than cowhide, which is denser. So a cowhide jacket is typically heavier imo. Of course it varies from hide to hide. The jacket this guy wanted was a buffalo. [/QUOTE]

4. HeyZeusPenguin

Also, if you decide to get a levis trucker, be prepared that you have to replace the snaps. They are very low quality which is a bummer. I replaced them and now its an amazing jacket. And i wouldnt worry about the weight of the hide. If you get the one in buffalo leather it will get soft quickly. Buffalo usually has a slightly spongy texture which i heard is very comfortable.

5. Mawashi

Mawashi One of the Regulars

Hi Schmid,

Perhaps you can search on the classifieds or look in ebay but if you can state the size your looking for, there might be other jackets worth considering too.

I remembered that Greg or Honeyman1935 had a Jean jacket for sale too. It's similar to a trucker jacket.

Cheers,

Mawashi