Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with imdb

Rola

New in Town
With so many members of the Lounge, I was wondering if I could find help here.

Anyone contributing to imdb.com here? I have to admit I do submit things to online databases, such as Wikipedia - for example I feel my devotion to all things retro makes me obliged to share some not-so-common-anymore knowledge. Or am I just wasting time?

I wanted to fix few errors pertaining to old movies. But those problems are so uncommon I couldn't find answers in their FAQ section. I'd go to their message board, but they have a demanding verification system and whatnot... Is there anyone who is a regular there and who could spare a minute of their time, please?

1) there's a person listed which is actually a long-gone company - I want to add more movies to filmography section but only after this error is fixed (because I dread the possibility of having to enter all the data again)

2) what about a male chorus, not unlike the Revellers? It was billed only by its name in the movie titles, yet in the case of 4-5 men we could point names, right? Especially that they appear on-screen?

Rola

New in Town
Thanks! But if you don't mind, I'll write it here as:
A) I still need few more posts before I can send PMs
B) it's nothing personal, any help is welcome
C) others may perchance learn some 1930s trivia

1) "Stephot" (currently listed as person) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0827339/ was an advertising company, I found their ad as a proof:

stephot.png

Just don't call that phone number :D

2) "Chór Dana" (this would be Dan's Chorus in English) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199055/ created in 1928, after the outbreak of war its creator Wladyslaw "Dan" Danilowski (aka Walter Dana) reactivated in New York in 1940 as Dana Ensemble (with new members, of course). I've seen them on screen at least twice, so it would be possible to point names in those movies http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%B3r_Dana

Rola

New in Town
unfinished/unreleased/lost movies

Another thing that drew my attention are the unfinished/unreleased/lost movies.

According to this imdb should accept the cases of:

- a movie that was completed but not released, as the master copy burned in bombed studio
- a movie where the principal photography was underway, but was interrupted by those nasty Panzers...

In 2 cases I even found still photos. So... suggestions?

Rola

New in Town
Managed to find some data about this lost movie and they accepted my entry.
Found an interesting book about a recording company from that era - lots of missing data to fill regarding soundtracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points