Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my Aero Hooch Hauler

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
Hello leather lovers,

Last year this community helped me pick my first and still only "real" leather jacket, an Aero Hooch Hauler in CXL FQHH. Overall I've been very happy with it, but I am finding one irritating thing that I could use some help with fixing, of possible. The lapels and, to a lesser degree the collar tips, 'fly away' from the main body instead of lying flat, and it drives me crazy!!! It's something small but I find it really detracts from the overall look. This happens both zipped up and unzipped.

I've tried spraying them with warm water before wearing and just in general, but they've stayed exactly the same since purchase. To some degree this seems related to the design of the jacket, because the lapels seem cut and folded in a way that forces them up against, rather than neatly alongside, the collar tips. I'm also aware it may be the result of the jacket being slightly too large for me. But, if anyone can suggest some tips for getting them to lie flatter, I'd really appreciate it!

On a sort-of-related note, I bought one of the Aero hangers that came out last winter, to very mixed reviews. One thing I will say is that, after a year, my jacket has no vertical lines on either side of the zipper, despite having inside pockets on both sides. So that seems good.

Thank you!

IMG_1887_LI.jpg

IMG_1881_LI.jpg

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Here’s the pic from the TB website to show where the fold is supposed to be. How do you refold a jacket? Warm water and zip it closed?

Attachments

• 60D13422-4454-4417-B032-4DB2862249E0.jpeg
    60D13422-4454-4417-B032-4DB2862249E0.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 422

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
No need for water, just wear it for a few days with the lapels correctly folded and it should correct itself.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Leather is a creasy, wrinkly, stubborn material - get used to it. It will crease where it wants to crease and will take time to look and feel right. All perfectly normal. And your lapels are folded too low.

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
I never tried to refold the lapels, that was how they showed up. Guess that's why I've always had this problem. But I've tried fixing it as recommended. Looks better I hope, but any other expert advice is always appreciated. Thanks for tips!

Attachments

• WIN_20200830_17_30_17_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200830_17_30_17_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 428

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Like Carlos said, they're just not folded correctly. Every once in a while the lapels on my Freewheelers Sunset get messed up and I think something has happened to them, but I just folded them incorrectly when zipping the jacket up. Folding them as shown in the stock picture from Aero should fix the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112