Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my husband’s hat collection

Oh thank you everyone! I would really love to keep that one for his sons. Also, what should I consider when choosing the other hats to keep for the boys?

I guess this depends on if you want to sell the rare ones for top dollar or keep those for the boys (when they are old enough to appreciate them). You might want to keep the Stetson Boss Raw Edge you mention above.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-wearing-today.94860/page-1861#post-2679927

Hello everyone, thank you for all of your kind words. Justin really loved this forum and I know he’d be very grateful for the offers to help. I have a new baby and a toddler so any funds are helpful to us but I also know he would want his hats to go to a good home. He always talked about posting them on the lounge first so I thought here would be a good place to ask for help. I don’t know much about hats except for the boss Raw edge because he talked about it all the time!

Here is the hat he wore in the family photo. There are a couple of black hats so I’m not sure which one but would be glad for some input.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Justin was a well-liked and respected contributor here. Your family photo is heartbreakingly beautiful.

I sell a lot of hats…well over 100 a year. I think your best option is to list them on eBay. The Fedora Lounge classifieds don’t usually bring the best prices. I would suggest listing them on eBay and then providing a link to the eBay auction in the classifieds that way you are reaching as large a market as possible.

I pray God blesses your family in this difficult time.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Justin was a well-liked and respected contributor here. Your family photo is heartbreakingly beautiful.

I sell a lot of hats…well over 100 a year. I think your best option is to list them on eBay. The Fedora Lounge classifieds don’t usually bring the best prices. I would suggest listing them on eBay and then providing a link to the eBay auction in the classifieds that way you are reaching as large a market as possible.

I pray God blesses your family in this difficult time.
I have offered to go over, view the hats and help write up descriptions for the listings.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Oh my, I am so sorry to read about your loss. As others have stated better than I, your husband was a well respected member of our virtual group.

The offers from the folks above, particularly Belfastboy and the others, are your best bet to get good advice and a fair assessment of the collection. They fellows will really help.

Hello, I hope this is okay to post here. This is my husband’s account, I think he was quite active on here so I was hoping for some assistance. He passed away suddenly earlier this year, and left behind a collection of about 30 western/Stetson hats. I was wondering if anyone could give me some honest guidance in how to sell his more expensive hats, and also help identifying a hat he wore in our family picture. I have two infant sons so would like to save that particular hat for them. Thank you.

singlechange

One of the Regulars
Surely, there must be a forum member who is reasonably close by to offer help with her collection. This would make a great charitable project. We only need one member to look and examine what hats are in the collection; then that member can take some quick group photos with his cellphone camera. Then the collective power of this forum can establish exactly what is valuable and what the family can keep. This is the best solution where the family has chance to keep the best and sell the rest.
Perhaps, the OP can tell us what size her husband wore. This would be a good start.

Surely, there must be a forum member who is reasonably close by to offer help with her collection. This would make a great charitable project. We only need one member to look and examine what hats are in the collection; then that member can take some quick group photos with his cellphone camera. Then the collective power of this forum can establish exactly what is valuable and what the family can keep. This is the best solution where the family has chance to keep the best and sell the rest.
Perhaps, the OP can tell us what size her husband wore. This would be a good start.
Yes, my wife and I travelled to her house. We spent the afternoon going through the collection, writing descriptions for all the hats (40 or so), separating the valuable ones but also placing an approx valuation on all the hats. Selected 3 of the most valuable ones and set them aside as ones she may want to keep for their son. I wrote the descriptions in a manner so she could use them verbatim in any Ebay listing. I thought that would make the selling of them as easy as possible.

Yes, my wife and I travelled to her house. We spent the afternoon going through the collection, writing descriptions for all the hats (40 or so), separating the valuable ones but also placing an approx valuation on all the hats. Selected 3 of the most valuable ones and set them aside as ones she may want to keep for their son. I wrote the descriptions in a manner so she could use them verbatim in any Ebay listing. I thought that would make the selling of them as easy as possible.

That was really nice of you to do Robert. Kudos.

Very nice thing to do.

That was really nice of you to do Robert. Kudos.
Thank you. It was a fun day, albeit under sad circumstances. My wife volunteered to come with me and she scribed as I dictated the description....and her orderly mind help me organize it all in a way that made sense. It also gave us a chance to do something together, a nice drive out into the country on a sunny day and a chance to hang out.

Hello, I hope this is okay to post here. This is my husband’s account, I think he was quite active on here so I was hoping for some assistance. He passed away suddenly earlier this year, and left behind a collection of about 30 western/Stetson hats. I was wondering if anyone could give me some honest guidance in how to sell his more expensive hats, and also help identifying a hat he wore in our family picture. I have two infant sons so would like to save that particular hat for them. Thank you.
So sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his postings.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Blessings to you belfastboy for helping out this woman in need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112