Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with softening suede

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
I've been rummaging my attic and storage and flogging off stuff I don't wear and then deciding if I have any keepers. So I have this suede sports coat, grey like "Junior" in "Miami Blues" but I can't go molesting the missionaries nor sweettalking girls who want a BurgerKing franchise as its like sheet metal and literally snaps, crackles and pops. I remember when I bought it it was already stiff, I wear it occasionally in the summer for business and I'd thought maybe it'd loosen up with age but no dice. Its like wearing cardboard especially after being in a cold storage. Is there something to spray on that wouldn't discolor it? Or should I just abuse it and hope it won't fall into pieces (had a cheap suede jacket as a teen that did that). I was thinking maybe something like the shoe stretch sprays might do the trick, but with suede I am at a total loss.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff