Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henri Henri - Visit to a legendary Montreal hat store

One Drop

One of the Regulars
In my hometown for a first visit since the pandemic hit, I stopped by Henri Henri to have a look at the selection, catch up with the owners, the delightful father and son team of Yannig and Joël Plunier, and to try on a few hats for size, I took a few rough and ready pictures which I'll share with you here.

https://www.henrihenri.ca/us/our-story/

Stetson Stratoliners of various qualities

IMG_3516.JPG

House brand hats and Stetson Open Roads

IMG_3518.JPG

The shop from the back

IMG_3519.JPG

Plunier père in front of the Borsas, a wonderfully personable and knowledgable fellow, we discussed hats, travel, and the joys of the well lived life. His son, who left before I took some pictures, was equally open and charming, and a fountain of knowledge and experience

IMG_3520.JPG

The Akubras

IMG_3521.JPG

Stetson Westerns, including a gorgeous rabbit fur Tom Mix.

IMG_3522.JPG

Blocks, a Conformateur which they no longer use, and a functioning register older than I am

IMG_3523.JPG

Front window, couldn't get a shot without the reflection

IMG_3526.JPG

The ever present sign, a feature of the downtown shop that was there as long as I remember

IMG_3528.JPG

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Fantastic! Thanks for posting. As a hockey guy and a hat guy, who knew I'd come here and pick up such an amazing piece of trivia regarding the Hat Trick origin. I've been sharing their site with some hockey buds of mine.

I loved their original storefront with the shiny black tiles and silver letters. They should have kept that. :) I remember many stores in that style when I was a kid and I loved it.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
In my hometown for a first visit since the pandemic hit, I stopped by Henri Henri to have a look at the selection, catch up with the owners, the delightful father and son team of Yannig and Joël Plunier, and to try on a few hats for size, I took a few rough and ready pictures which I'll share with you here.

https://www.henrihenri.ca/us/our-story/

Stetson Stratoliners of various qualities

View attachment 433450

House brand hats and Stetson Open Roads

View attachment 433451

The shop from the back

View attachment 433452

Plunier père in front of the Borsas, a wonderfully personable and knowledgable fellow, we discussed hats, travel, and the joys of the well lived life. His son, who left before I took some pictures, was equally open and charming, and a fountain of knowledge and experience

View attachment 433453

The Akubras

View attachment 433454

Stetson Westerns, including a gorgeous rabbit fur Tom Mix.

View attachment 433455

Blocks, a Conformateur which they no longer use, and a functioning register older than I am

View attachment 433456

Front window, couldn't get a shot without the reflection

View attachment 433457

The ever present sign, a feature of the downtown shop that was there as long as I remember

View attachment 433458

Thanks for the trip to your local hatter. Just grand to see a brick and mortar hat store in operation.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21