Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hercules Leather co. Buco PJ-27

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I love the label, too. Ton312 - is the wool liner scratchy at all? I am debating nylon sleeves vs wool blanket sleeves, but if I wear the jacket over a t-shirt I do not want scratchy. I hate scratchy...;)

I love the label, too. Ton312 - is the wool liner scratchy at all? I am debating nylon sleeves vs wool blanket sleeves, but if I wear the jacket over a t-shirt I do not want scratchy. I hate scratchy...;)
It’s not scratchy in the least bit. It’s actually super soft, almost like a heavy fleece.

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket. My go to is always going to be Aero, but I would certainly consider adding a Hercules in a style the former don't do to my wardrobe. It'll be interesting to see how they develop; I think they'll definitely find a niche at the price point, though it'll be nice if they're also able to find a style niche that lets them be about making nice jackets that are their own thing rather than being "the cheap X". ~Can certainly be done - Goldtop are a good example.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
though it'll be nice if they're also able to find a style niche that lets them be about making nice jackets that are their own thing rather than being "the cheap X".

Their current line up consists of styles that are different to what most makers currently offer, atleast in the details. Like LW is the only other maker who has even touched this Buco style, then there's the buttoned work coat with that very unique (and very cool) pocket set-up, the zipped work coat that is no halfbelt, which is something pretty much noone offers unless you count the LW Suburban... really, I think these styles as they are already are a nice alternative for someone who looks for something different than what Aero offers.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah I don't think it's fair to refer to Hercules as the cheap alternative. As jacket prices continue to become exceedingly ridiculous, it's nice to have an alternative that represents a good cost per value/ratio... That's really where I think Tony will thrive.

Certainly the price of entry for jackets made in Europe / UK / USA / Japan is increasing along with everything else (here in the UK, a historically weak pound doesn't help - American jackets have shot up in price here in the last couple of years, especially Schott in my experience); there will definitely be a market for alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy