Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's an interesting snippet of a jacket photo. What is it?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Via Mojave Jack, I'm very curious whether anyone can identify this jacket based on this little bit of image? It's WWII, from LIFE magazine.

c

icecold

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Via Mojave Jack, I'm very curious whether anyone can identify this jacket based on this little bit of image? It's WWII, from LIFE magazine.

c

Dunno about the jacket, but that surely is one *handsome* Colt...

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Hey, Scott, thanks for posting that! I have a loaner while my stupid Vista machine gets fixed, so I thought I'd check in!

The lowdown on that jacket is, I was perusing the LIFE image archive, checking out some great shots of soldiers between the wars. Here's my favorite shot, and is currently my wallpaper:

Soldiers using a .30 caliber machine gun

In the "related images" on the side I noticed the shot that Scott posted. If it is in keeping with the rest of the photos (all shot by the same photographer, William Vandivert, in 1938) it should be a soldier holding that .45. But I've never seen a zipped wool jacket like that one!

My curiosity is piqued, to say the least!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran