Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heron leather Mexico

robray1

New in Town
Hi. New member here and just want to say hi. This is a cafe racer style jacket I bought from leather goods store in Mexico. It is 10 plus years old, and for what I paid approx 175 dollars, seems to be well made. It isn't high end like Thedi or Aero, but may be worth a look for someone on a budget. It seems very well made for what it is. The shop does a lot of movie jacket reproductions, but some traditional as well. It has ykk zippers and pretty straight stitching. Not sure of the type of leather tho. I'm 6'1 about 160. This is a small.

Attachments

• 20240323_134606.jpg
    20240323_134606.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 20240323_134534.jpg
    20240323_134534.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 20240323_134528.jpg
    20240323_134528.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 20240323_134441.jpg
    20240323_134441.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 20240323_134428.jpg
    20240323_134428.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 70
  • 20240323_134202.jpg
    20240323_134202.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240323_134145.jpg
    20240323_134145.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 78

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
That is a nice jacket. The company still selling leather products. I believe they have stores all over Mexico that sell or make items they produce. Impala leathers sells jackets made by their hides. In the past, when I stay at my favorite spot in Mexico city, and since a 20 minute walk, I have visited Impala just to see their products. Mainly they just line is a fashion oriented one. I have in the past asked them to make me a reproduction of a trojan but their prices were not as low as I expected due to the craftmanship and skins they normally produced. However, I might one day, get a made to order escape from NY Californian repro. They do work with that cape skin leather and the look of the jacket is somewhere near their wheelhouse production. LOL.

robray1

New in Town
That is a nice jacket. The company still selling leather products. I believe they have stores all over Mexico that sell or make items they produce. Impala leathers sells jackets made by their hides. In the past, when I stay at my favorite spot in Mexico city, and since a 20 minute walk, I have visited Impala just to see their products. Mainly they just line is a fashion oriented one. I have in the past asked them to make me a reproduction of a trojan but their prices were not as low as I expected due to the craftmanship and skins they normally produced. However, I might one day, get a made to order escape from NY Californian repro. They do work with that cape skin leather and the look of the jacket is somewhere near their wheelhouse production. LOL.
Yea man, this is a war of the worlds reproduction jacket like the one Tom Cruise wor in the movie. I found it years ago while looking at movie jacket forums. I fell in love with the design. I contacted them from Dallas Texas and had it shipped. I honestly didn't think it would be as nice for the price. It's aged very well and has held up perfectly. I will order another one from them in the future. I would love a Thedi jacket one day when I can afford it.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Mexico does produce nice leathers. However, The majority of their hides are produced in their focused in high volume targets. I have seen beautiful lamb skins at some Leon's shops. Much nicer than what in America some used to call it cape skin.

robray1

New in Town
Mexico does produce nice leathers. However, The majority of their hides are produced in their focused in high volume targets. I have seen beautiful lamb skins at some Leon's shops. Much nicer than what in America some used to call it cape skin.
For the price I couldn't be happier. This will be my next one with a heavier liner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_184526_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_184526_Chrome.jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 50

robray1

New in Town
I'll be in Mexico city next week. Any leather goods shops you could recommend? Restaurant recommendations are also welcome :D
I actually live on the East coast of Mexico in Playa Del Carmen. I haven't been to Mexico City, but I've heard there are many great places to eat. Google the type of food and I'm sure you will get good info. Cheers, and I hope you have a great trip!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I'll be in Mexico city next week. Any leather goods shops you could recommend? Restaurant recommendations are also welcome :D

Leather shops in Mexico are oriented to the "fashion trends" The quality of the craftmanship is average. Personally, I can not recommend any leather shops in Mexico.
Friend, there are great places to eat authentic Mexican food. Personally, I love old school traditional Mexican food. There are many types of restaurants but some my friends visit restaurants that are a little too stuffy for me. My eating places are near the place I sleep. I always stay in the grand hotel de la ciudad de Mexico. Is just fabulous and not very expensive if you books in advance. I love it. In the morning, the Mexican National Army presents the Mexican flag in the middle of the zocalo. Quite a show. In true honesty, just about any tacos in Mexico city are excellent. They are spicy if you are not used to chiles. When they make them just let them know, "NO CHILE POR FAVOR."
If you like more precise type of cuisine, let me know. I can point to the requested choice. However, my favorite places are so very popular and it is ALWAYS A WAITING TIME OF ABOUT 30-45 MINUTES. I hate to wait specially in vacations, but I am with dear friends and time is used to catch up.

Here is a video to show an approximate location of the hotel:
Typical outdoor taco shack

Forgot, the churros! I go to Churreria el Moro.

Calle Frontera 122 Roma Nte., Mexico City 06700 Mexico

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Leather shops in Mexico are oriented to the "fashion trends" The quality of the craftmanship is average. Personally, I can not recommend any leather shops in Mexico.
It's way too hot for leather jacket here anyways. But I was hoping to maybe get a nice hand tooled belt.

Google tells me Leon is where nice leather goods are produced. Too bad it's not on our travel schedule.
In true honesty, just about any tacos in Mexico city are excellent. They are spicy if you are not used to chiles. When they make them just let them know, "NO CHILE POR FAVOR."
I love tacos, especially the spicy ones :D
If I were you, I would go to Pujol.

https://pujol.com.mx/
Thanks, I'll put it on my gf's to go list. She's the one who does all the planning :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner