Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

...hey guys you are crazy!

riccardo

Practically Family
...before i think that i'm a crazy...hats lover...
now, after meeting you (all you of fedoralounge) i believe that i'm not a crazy...you are more crazy than me! :) :)
Are you hats-collector...owner of hat-block...?
...i must take a plane to visit you...and see your museum...
Tell me about your experience, wen you begin to collect hats, if you are able to block hat...
...you are a good company for me, thanks.

Riccardo.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
riccardo said:
Tell me about your experience, wen you begin to collect hats, if you are able to block hat...
...you are a good company for me, thanks.

Riccardo.

I'm so crazy about the era and fedoras, I started my own news service for folks like us.

Check my signiture.

Tell us YOUR story and your lids, please.

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
I'm not crazy (not too much, anyway), just a bit on the bald side. I used to wear hats in bad weather or extreme sun (you haven't lived until you've sunburnt the top of your head without realizing it), but on my birthday some years back, I woke up and decided I was old enough to dress myself. So I've worn hats on a daily basis every since. I don't make a practice of blocking hats, but I've done it on occasion. I don't have any proper equipment for it, I just steam and poke them into the shapes I want. I recently was in Hawaii for a wedding down there and a twisted raffia fedora with a pleated tropical band -- very 1940s Southern Californian -- called out to me. It was pretty cheap but kinda cool, so I bought it. But since I'd already taken two hats with me, I had to pack this new one in the suitcase for the return flight. When I got it out at home, it looked like someone left the cake out in the rain. It was totally shapeless. So with my trusty tea kettle and the newel post on our staircase, I reblocked it. It looks pretty good now and it's holding its shape.

riccardo

Practically Family
Renderking Fisk said:
I'm so crazy about the era and fedoras, I started my own news service for folks like us.

Check my signiture.

Tell us YOUR story and your lids, please.

Hi,my stories...
my friend...i only understand the 60% what you (all the friends here) write...
it's very amusing...but i like to post and read your message...
Why isn't in Italy a site like this???

Anyone speaking italian?? :) :) :)

Bye, Riccardo.

Strider

One of the Regulars
Crazy or not, you're among friends now. Stay awhile, won't you? Pull up a chair, and I'll buy you a drink. :beer:

Renderking Fisk said:
I'm so crazy about the era and fedoras

Yeah, I second that.

Regards,
Strider

riccardo said:
Hi,my stories...
my friend...i only understand the 60% what you (all the friends here) write...
it's very amusing...but i like to post and read your message...
Why isn't in Italy a site like this???

Anyone speaking italian?? :) :) :)

Bye, Riccardo.

I do not know why there is not a site like this in Italy. They had many good hat companies over there in the golden age of hats----Borsalino, Barbisio, Cervo and other good european makes. Now, none of those hat companies make the same quality of hats they used to many years ago. At least Borsalino doesn't. I understand they make good hats for the Italian market though. Is Bampa still in business in Venice?
Yes, I am infatuated with nice hats. I am wearing my new vintage bowler as I type this. :p

Regards to all,

J

Non so perchè ci non è un luogo come questo in Italia. Hanno avuti molte buone aziende del cappello là nell'età dorata dei cappelli-Borsalino, di Barbisio, di Cervo e di altre buone marche dell'europeo. Ora, nessun di quelle aziende del cappello fanno la stessa qualità dei cappelli che hanno utilizzato a molti anni fa. Almeno Borsalino non. Capisco che fanno i buoni cappelli per il mercato italiano comunque. È ancora Bampa nel commercio a Venezia?
Sì, sono infatuated con i cappelli piacevoli. Sto portando il mio nuovo bowler dell'annata mentre scrivo questo a macchina. :p

Riguardi a tutti,

J

riccardo

Practically Family
about great firm...

...i'm afraid that the only target of some company, like Borsalino and others, is to sell hats...nothing else.
Mr. Borsalino is dead...
Borsalino web site www.borsalino.it is under maintenance since one month...once i posted a mail to another company for some information, they have never answered me...
I think that, a site like fedoralounge, is very helpful for the hatter companies...in this site the "hat culture" is manteined in life (...my orrible english!)...

This is a beautiful place...

Hi.
Riccardo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails