Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi, I am a brand new member!

Luxlover

New in Town
Hello all,

I am a new member and wanted to say I am delighted to find this forum
I love the classics. (clothes, watches, autos, hifi, radios, the elegance of the classic era as my avatar shows in the photo of Ronald Colman in a tweed suit.
I am also involved in the wet-shaving forums.
I am 59 years old, good shape, wear a 42 regular suit, 34 waist.
I love the styles of WWII also.
So if you see a dashing fellow, in a trenchcoat driving a mint condition Lasalle
try to think of me.
Please dont hesitate to be in contact.

Luxlover

K

kpreed

Welcome!

Welcome and enjoy, your input is much needed, I think.:eusa_clap

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ronald Colman!

Considering how much attention is paid to several other gentlemen of the Golden Era (e.g., Grant, Powell, Hughes, etc.) I'm surprised that Mr Colman doesn't get more attention. Truly, a man of distinction, and he sported a great moustache, as well. Great choice, welcome!

Feraud

Bartender
dhermann1 said:
Considering how much attention is paid to several other gentlemen of the Golden Era (e.g., Grant, Powell, Hughes, etc.) I'm surprised that Mr Colman doesn't get more attention. Truly, a man of distinction, and he sported a great moustache, as well. Great choice, welcome!
I recently watched A Double Life and Random Harvest. Two very good films. Coleman had a wonderful speaking voice. Very distinct. Sharp dresser too.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dhermann1 said:

I remember my high school and city college years buzzing around town with a Jack Benny show tape going a lot of the time that had Ronald Coleman and his wife as guest stars. If I recall correctly, he started singing "Open the Door Richard" and was trying to get his wife to join in as drums at one point..."Come on, darling, rap on the table!" or something like that. At least it was a big laugh for the audience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats