Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Bad Luck

I have bad luck with the high waisters since having to children and putting 4 inches on my waist with each.

I have a 36 inch waist and a 42 in hip. Not curvy at all and I wasn't so much before children and extra weight either I tended to were mens Levis as they seemed to fit my waist to hip ratio better than womens pants because they would always look ridiculous in the hip area.

Is it possible to buy for you waist and have the hips taken instead of the the revers that most you ladies seem to do?

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Land-O-LakesGal said:
I have bad luck with the high waisters since having to children and putting 4 inches on my waist with each.

I have a 36 inch waist and a 42 in hip. Not curvy at all and I wasn't so much before children and extra weight either I tended to were mens Levis as they seemed to fit my waist to hip ratio better than womens pants because they would always look ridiculous in the hip area.

Is it possible to buy for you waist and have the hips taken instead of the the revers that most you ladies seem to do?
Its far easier to take in the hips of slacks than to take in and reposition the waistband on a pair IMOP

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I love the VoH stuff, but I think her sizes are awful...I have over the years bought several pairs and ended up selling them all on. I had to buy three sizes bigger than my natural size and they were still short in the (sorry) crotch...yuk...they drift...upwards...never a good look.
Also slightly miffed that a lot of gals I meet in the retro scene/vintage/R*ckabilly are heftier and she doesn't cater for them. [huh]

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Oh,really?That's not good:( Thanks for the heads up.As to not catering for larger sizes ,well i encounter that alot so it doesn't surprise me really.I'm only just on her size chart.
I might just have to spend the extra cash & get the heyday ones.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Vivien has just started doing capri pants too. Fleur is modelling them on the website so maybe she can tell us about them...

palespider

One of the Regulars
swinggal said:
Great new pattern from Wearing History. Lauren is amazing and I'm going to make a few pairs of these :)

il_fullxfull.161644060.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52492498/smooth-sailing-1930s-style-trousers

are these going to come out in any larger sizing?

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'm selling 2 pairs of high-waist wide leg trousers on Ebay at the moment - both a UK8 (US2-4?). Sorry to bump the thread for promotion purposes but I thought someone in this thread might be able to make use of them. One pair were custom made for me and have never been worn and both have low start prices. See the classified section if you are interested. I ship internationally.

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
Puzzicato said:
Has anyone tried the Freddies of Pinewood ton-up jeans? I think they look like a better style for me, but the sizing doesn't show a hip measurement!

i have had a look and they look really nice, and i think you're right, they will look nicer being a bit more fitted on the leg.

i have emailed them to ask about sizing, once i have a response i will post here.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
No but i would be interested to know as well, i have the dungaree dollys which are great and a good fit. I bought some prison blues mens utiility style jeans which are pretty good the other day, really highwaisted, and they start at a 28" waist. But fit really well on the derriere, very flattering.

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
i have already had a response to my email to Freddies of Pinewood! top marks for customer service so far! lol

here is my email and the reply:

I am really interested in buying a pair of your ton-up jeans, however you only have a waist measurement. I am between a 32-34 waist would you please be able to tell me the leg length and also the hip size? Also which size would you recommend?

thanks for the email - hip sizes are 10" bigger so a 32 would be a 42"
there are always slight variations in jeans - when they are made they can run big or small - i would say these are running smallish
its the same for the leg length - all our jeans are 34" specification but sometimes they come a little longer or shorter
if you think you are in between waist sizes,decide if you are a bit pear shaped,if so,go for the bigger size - if you are straighter,the 32
this is all depending on if you have measured yourself in the right place! some ladies measure way too low,like with Levis - our jeans are your high waist - so feel for the bottom of your rib cage and measure around there,holding the tape on the skin

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Disappointed

OK I ordered a pair of Freddies of Pinewood and the fit is as I guessed terrible on me. Way too much fabric in the hips I should have bought the mens jeans like i usually do.
It too bad as they are cute on everyone else. Perhaps I will get them tailored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy