Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

Mary

Practically Family
I do too! These are just perfect.

Smuterella said:
I think its a real shame you can only get the corset waist style, i really want some tight blue jeans with side zips.

something like these

marilyn_scarlett.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Vintage Trousers?

Ok so I am looking for 1940's trousers and have no clue where to look. I want reproductions not originals. Any suggestions?

Gigi

New in Town
Okay, I have a quick question regarding the Freddies of Pinewood jeans. A while ago I noticed many of you said they seem to run a bit large in the waist. I really want to order a pair, but I really don't want them to be too big and have to go through the hassle of returning them. I have a size 28 waist and normally wear size 28 in high waist jeans (other brands, of course). Now, should I order a size 28, or do you think it'd be safer to order the 26? I can't go smaller than a 28 normally, so I'm scared the size 26 might end up being too tight. Can someone give me an idea of how big the waists run?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Will your hips fit in the 26? I went down a size as my waist is 27, but the hips are too tight on me, really. If in doubt get the bigger - you can always wear a belt, but the denim is so thick they don't give at all in the hip.

Gigi

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
Will your hips fit in the 26? I went down a size as my waist is 27, but the hips are too tight on me, really. If in doubt get the bigger - you can always wear a belt, but the denim is so thick they don't give at all in the hip.

I'm assuming this means that while the waists might run a bit big, the hips are actually true to the measurements they give? How inconvenient. Thanks for the help. I'll go with a 28 and wear a belt if they aren't quite snug enough.

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Gigi said:
I'm assuming this means that while the waists might run a bit big, the hips are actually true to the measurements they give? How inconvenient. Thanks for the help. I'll go with a 28 and wear a belt if they aren't quite snug enough.

You can also take them to a seamstress and have the waist altered to your fit.

PS

A-List Customer
you could have one of those tab style fasteners at the back. i am short so high waisted plus a belt would be a horrible look. it would be all "hello boobs meet belt".

R

ruby-blue

For the Aussie girls:

Sussan have some great dark denim high waisted shorts with a cuff and side zip, very 40s in style (except that they're denim). Couldn't find a pic on their site but I just picked up a pair last week. They're mid thigh & very flattering.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I went to forever 21 to buy them the other day and the stores near me are not carying them... DANG IT!

Due to forever 21s shoddy design I have to try all their stuff on because I have made some bad mistakes shopping with them in the passed. hmmm. I might just risk it though..

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I have 2 pair haigh waisted jeans, but I think they're not so good if you have a prominent belly (I don't know how to say it, I just translated it literally from italian ;) ): they put it into light!

B.

P.S. Never said it before, but...sorry for my english :D !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo