Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Ayy, shopping for jeans is ridiculously difficult for my body type! I'm very thin, and a lot of denim companies assume that all thin girls have flat bottoms and no hips -- I may be skinny, but I've definitely got a curvy, feminine NON-anorexic figure! The one brand that consistently fits both my thin legs and my hips/butt is Levi's...so I really hope they come out with those 50's repro jeans!

I've been looking for some real vintage jeans because I have a feeling that they might fit me as well, but so far I haven't found anything very petite. My Parasuco jeans fit very well, with even a little room to spare on the bottom! However, I think Parasuco is a pretty expensive company (as is Levi's). I'm always lucky to find a good deal on either of those brands.

I can definitely pull off low-rise jeans, but I don't particularly want to. I don't find anything appealing about the idea of my crack making its world debut.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gluegungeisha said:
I can definitely pull off low-rise jeans, but I don't particularly want to. I don't find anything appealing about the idea of my crack making its world debut.

True! lol I don't mind non-natural waist, but it's very much a different thing to have on those pants that have a fly with NO ZIPPER because it would be like, an inch long! No thanks for those.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
huh, the high waisted trousers et jeans for women are now being reduced in price because they are now out of style again in the UK, apparently. They'd been in style recently.

bk

Had they?? I saw them in the magazines, but couldn't find anywhere that actually stocked them! It's all low rise round my area :(

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Lee makes some actual natural waist jeans, I got a pair recently. AND they were in tall!

I am a bit with Begin with the lower waisted jeans. I hate when I sit down in a pair of jeans and the waist of the jeans goes up to the middle of my ribcage! The same pair of jeans on my mom doesn't do that, so I don't know what it is about my figure. I like jeans with a bit of a lower rise. Not down around my hips, but right about my bellybutton, which is just a bit below my natural waist.

Ellie

Familiar Face
ShrinkingViolet said:
A lot of jeanswear companies seem to put out so-called high-waisted jeans because they want to jump the bandwagon or whatever ...
I've tried on several pairs of jeans that are labelled HIGH WAIST or SCARLETT STYLE or something, and then they're only marginally higher waisted than the ones from last season, they just seem to be cut like jeans were before the low-waist hipster craze came along.
It's strange.. it just makes me go 'you call that a high waist??' [huh]

I'll probably get a pair of these instead:
8832007242923297278229_L.jpg

I love those jeans. Too bad they're so costly.
If anybody finds a similar pair with a lower price tag, please let me know. I try to avoid department stores and the like.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just wanna be able to tuck in my shirt without it coming out after two steps :eek:

I got shelf butt/gheto bootay, so low rise sit right on top of my bum, and I dont get that nice curve that you get with skirts. Its a bit too abrupt, so higher waisted jeans would cure that by resting at my natural waist. Yay!

I hope I can find som soon!

LD

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Ellie said:
I love those jeans. Too bad they're so costly.
If anybody finds a similar pair with a lower price tag, please let me know. I try to avoid department stores and the like.
Have you tried men's jeans? Those lines in the front of the jeans in the picture looks like there is some extra room there, as in jeans for, ahem, a man. Not saying that those are men's jeans but they give that effect.

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
ShrinkingViolet said:
A lot of jeanswear companies seem to put out so-called high-waisted jeans because they want to jump the bandwagon or whatever ...
I've tried on several pairs of jeans that are labelled HIGH WAIST or SCARLETT STYLE or something, and then they're only marginally higher waisted than the ones from last season, they just seem to be cut like jeans were before the low-waist hipster craze came along.
It's strange.. it just makes me go 'you call that a high waist??' [huh]

I'll probably get a pair of these instead:
8832007242923297278229_L.jpg

Those are awesome! I kept picturing mom jeans. Unfortunately it is so hard for me to find pants that fit. I am 4'11, skinny and have no curves. Impossible. Everything sags and looks miserable on me, so I try and stick to skirts and dresses. But I would kill for a pair of those jeans if they fit me like in the pic. grrr.:mad:

marquise

Familiar Face
herringbonekid said:

I, on a quest to find high-waisted, 40s-style jeans, actually found ones that look EXACTLY like those in the photo-- the farmgirl who threw on her boy's jeans-- in American Eagle. MEN'S jeans. The smallest waist was 26, but I'm taking them in a bit; they're amazing with rolled cuffs and really work with a long waist. Plus the cheapness really helps.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
gluegungeisha said:
Ayy, shopping for jeans is ridiculously difficult for my body type! I'm very thin, and a lot of denim companies assume that all thin girls have flat bottoms and no hips -- I may be skinny, but I've definitely got a curvy, feminine NON-anorexic figure! The one brand that consistently fits both my thin legs and my hips/butt is Levi's...so I really hope they come out with those 50's repro jeans!

I've been looking for some real vintage jeans because I have a feeling that they might fit me as well, but so far I haven't found anything very petite. My Parasuco jeans fit very well, with even a little room to spare on the bottom! However, I think Parasuco is a pretty expensive company (as is Levi's). I'm always lucky to find a good deal on either of those brands.

GGG,

Try painters pants. You might be surprised. Since the hips and thighs are bigger, you can get a waist small enough and still fit your curves. I used to be like you. Tiny waist, no tummy but good fanny and painters pants were just right.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Grnidwitch said:
GGG,

Try painters pants. You might be surprised. Since the hips and thighs are bigger, you can get a waist small enough and still fit your curves. I used to be like you. Tiny waist, no tummy but good fanny and painters pants were just right.

Target has Wrangle brand painter pants in blue denim. I know (gasp) Walmart does too. Most places that sell jean should have a painters pant sytle.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Some paint stores may have the real thing. I know some years ago, Frazee paint stores in San Diego carried them. They were one color, however, a sort of natural off-white.

karol

SarahLouise

Practically Family
TheKitschGoth said:
Had they?? I saw them in the magazines, but couldn't find anywhere that actually stocked them! It's all low rise round my area :(

Some high street shops have them (i.e. Topshop, New Look). I got a pair from Primark for £12 and I love them! They have more than one button on the waist which I'm not 100% keen on but they are a dark blue wash and skinny fit. They are miles too long for me (as always) so I roll them up but I think they look better rolled anyway. I'm thinking of getting another pair as I know they won't be in shops for much longer. I actually have a gorgeous vintage pair of high waisted jeans from the 50s or 60s but I need to lose a couple of inches around my waist for them to fit lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Adelaidey said:
Where does one find painter's pants? Just curious...

Also Dickies brand paints. Most of their work wear has not chaged over the years. You can get a lot of it at discount department stores. I have a pair and they are bitchin and VERY high (er, natural) waited :)

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn