Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman Fit

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Hey folks. As a newly obsessed leather jacket owner I have some questions on fit. I have a Sam Walker Highwayman in a size 42. I'm 5' 9" and a fit(ish) 185 lbs. After binging on some of the threads in the forum I'm thinking this jacket is a premium fit. Ive read some guys describing this fit as a "bag of leather" from the armpits down. With my build and age I don't require a "fitted" fit per say but I question if I have chosen the right style/size/fit for my frame.
I love the feel and look of this jacket without a doubt; but at the same time I know my judgement on a new category of clothing can possibly be questionable. I guess that's what this forum is all about so it would make sense to ask your opinion instead of asking the opinions of family and friends who wouldn't know certain fit requirements; so your opinion would be appreciated. My lovely wife loves it but she can see how " crazy" I've been about leather jackets lately, so she might be holding back out of love, self preservation or fear of crushing my fragile 52 year old ego.
See attached photos please. Note that I appear thinner and taller in the photos possibly due to angle and cell phone quality. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20220311_005824929.jpg
    PXL_20220311_005824929.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 327
  • PXL_20220311_005904694.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220311_005904694.MP.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 308
  • PXL_20220311_005924018.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220311_005924018.MP.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 327

Brandrea33

One Too Many
To me it looks spot on:)

I’m newer to leather jackets, but in my short time here, I’ve bought and sold/returned about 6 different jackets of varying styles. Mostly half belts.

What I’ve learned is that what looks good, doesn’t always feel good.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
To me it looks spot on:)

I’m newer to leather jackets, but in my short time here, I’ve bought and sold/returned about 6 different jackets of varying styles. Mostly half belts.

What I’ve learned is that what looks good, doesn’t always feel good.
Thanks, I can understand what you mean. I love the fit of this jacket but the stiffness is taking some getting used to. I'm taking the break in as a personal challenge at this point. I've just had some major tattoo work on my arm, and I don't remember my artist saying, "now go break in a cow hide jacket for best results" lol The lack of mobility is challenging but tolerable; as I'm dreaming of eventually having awesome creases, texture and the suppleness of an old cotton sweatshirt . Lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
First off, top 3 user names on here :cool:

Jacket is great. Could it be like a half size smaller for an even more perfecter fit, sure, but it's great as is.

Yango

One of the Regulars
Hey folks. As a newly obsessed leather jacket owner I have some questions on fit. I have a Sam Walker Highwayman in a size 42. I'm 5' 9" and a fit(ish) 185 lbs. After binging on some of the threads in the forum I'm thinking this jacket is a premium fit. Ive read some guys describing this fit as a "bag of leather" from the armpits down. With my build and age I don't require a "fitted" fit per say but I question if I have chosen the right style/size/fit for my frame.
I love the feel and look of this jacket without a doubt; but at the same time I know my judgement on a new category of clothing can possibly be questionable. I guess that's what this forum is all about so it would make sense to ask your opinion instead of asking the opinions of family and friends who wouldn't know certain fit requirements; so your opinion would be appreciated. My lovely wife loves it but she can see how " crazy" I've been about leather jackets lately, so she might be holding back out of love, self preservation or fear of crushing my fragile 52 year old ego.
See attached photos please. Note that I appear thinner and taller in the photos possibly due to angle and cell phone quality. Thanks in advance.
Nice jacket. Looks good on you.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I thnk it looks great. Good fit for a first try indeed.
THere are many highwayman threads here, you can search and review those too.
Welcome and cool username too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24