Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros Imperial Fit

Lol your Himel is 11 out of 10. Better than perfect. An absolute masterpiece.

I know you ordered two more cafe racers from field leathers but I'd be surprised if those will come anywhere near your himel in terms of fit.

That's funny. John Chapman of course. Then there's Jeo, Jonesy, Superfluous and Thomas.
Superfluous looks to have a jacket that is too long as well. I believe, if I recall correctly, he had it shortened, though to my eye, it still looks too long.
In a brief perusal of Himel Bros IG I see that this seems to be the modus operandi for Himel patterns, this jacket also looks absurdly long and wildly out of proportion for the wearer:
5EFFD801-852A-4463-A63E-2A98BE18BB37.jpeg

Another sports jacket at car coat lengths. That’s bad design. Yet nearly 500 people felt the need to press the heart button. I cannot look at this photo and not see wildly blown proportions.
Maybe I’m the one who is wrong….

But I am not.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
there's a reason bikers and motorcycle cops wear them like that, and that reason is not because it looks good off the bike, c'mon man you don't know better than your comment suggests?
I forgot generations of rockers - they look bad too in their ladies jackets?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
this jacket also looks absurdly long and wildly out of proportion for the wearer:
9263D5D4-EC8A-44D7-9284-0FBA519489CC.jpeg

I disagree, I think it's a good looking jacket. Out of proportion in terms of historical accuracy but nevertheless it does look good on the wearer imo. I'd call it an interesting modern interpretation of a vintage design.
Another sports jacket at car coat lengths.
True, given the length the halfbelt should be up higher, like the guy on the left in the pic below. Given the jacket proportions the jacket should have been shorter like the 'Bon Marché on the right.

D7D8D290-8DE3-4251-9B45-EF9AED5EA6EB.jpeg

Brandrea33

One Too Many
When I bought my Himel jacket I was measured by David himself. I remember at that time, not knowing anything about leather jackets and how they “should fit”.

Now if I had followed the web site instructions for a bespoke order, I may have got what I wanted …. A jacket that’s too long in the body.

https://himelbros.com/pages/bespoke-jacket-order-form

David had me try on a number of jackets and honesty, I thought they were all way too short based on other jackets that “fit me well”.

When David measured me, I even asked him to make the jacket longer by two inches which he politely refused to do. He told me that the jacket should hit just below the belt. I told him it was my money and after some debate, he added 1/2”. Lol

I guess the point I’m making, is that if one were to submit their own measurements using the on line process or send him a jacket and he made the jacket according to those measurements, it wouldn’t really be his fault would it?

I’ve lost track of how the original measurements were communicated to Himel Bros.

Peacoat

Bartender
I haven't read all of the comments, but I've read enough to see their is an antagonist in the thread. Leave it alone.

I'm going to temporarily lock this thread to let everyone see my directive, and it is a directive, not a request. Then I'll make a decision as to what needs to be done.

Yes, it is yet another Himel thread run off the rails.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I just noticed that the OP listed his Himel in the classifieds

For sale is a Himel Bros Imperial in pigment finish Shinki horsehide and a burgundy wool lining. The jacket is very well made, it’s just that the body is too long for me.

Which made me think of Himel's statement some time ago.
(for some reason I can't quote the post)

"I have very very few unhappy customers. The ones whose jackets do not fit or have manufacturing errors get their jackets replaced, remade or redone. I can count on one hand how many times a year we have to do it, but we do it. My door is always open to my customers who order jackets because my customers are important to me. To date, I have only had 3 customers in 11 years where I have not been able to find a resolution for a customer who contacted me."

I guess OP will be the 4th.

hardlyworkingman

Familiar Face
Being short (about 5' 8") and skinny [125-130 lbs], finding a right fitting jacket off the shelf is not easy. When I saw this listed in classifieds, took a chance and bought it. This one to me fits just right, just long enough and has enough room for me to wear a thick sweater underneath. Thanks to @ChienChilla

I like my day to day jackets longer with the exception of my actual MC riding jackets, which are traditional shorter sport jackets (for practical and safety reasons). Shorter jackets looks unflattering on me and makes me look like a little kid because of my stature, as much as I like em, I avoid them when I am not riding [Its a personal preference].

jack1.jpg
jack2.jpg
jack3.jpg

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You’re not short! 5’8” is the average US and UK male height, to my understanding. We just happen to have a lot of outliers here lol.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Being short (about 5' 8") and skinny [125-130 lbs], finding a right fitting jacket off the shelf is not easy. When I saw this listed in classifieds, took a chance and bought it. This one to me fits just right, just long enough and has enough room for me to wear a thick sweater underneath.

I like my day to day jackets longer with the exception of my actual MC riding jackets, which are traditional shorter sport jackets (for practical and safety reasons). Shorter jackets looks unflattering on me and makes me look like a little kid because of my stature, as much as I like em, I avoid them when I am not riding [Its a personal preference].

View attachment 493355 View attachment 493356 View attachment 493357
I like the one piece back on this so much better than the standard Imperial back. Looks great.

whitebananafarmer

New in Town
Being short (about 5' 8") and skinny [125-130 lbs], finding a right fitting jacket off the shelf is not easy. When I saw this listed in classifieds, took a chance and bought it. This one to me fits just right, just long enough and has enough room for me to wear a thick sweater underneath. Thanks to @ChienChilla

View attachment 493355 View attachment 493356 View attachment 493357
I've been following this thread for awhile and so glad that the jacket found a great home! It looks much more porportional on you than the OP, IMO. But it's because you seem to have much longer legs that balance it out. I personally have short legs relative to my torso and so definiltey need a shorter jacket.

ChienChilla

One of the Regulars
Halfbelts can be worn with longer body lengths and look great, like the Himel Frobisher below. But they have to be in proportion and your's definitely isn't.

View attachment 474394 View attachment 474395

He should have made you a new jacket instead of altering the first one because the body length can't be shortened and your jacket is about 2 inches too long imo. If I were you I'd return that jacket and ask for one with 23" body length.

These are two of my longest halfbelt. I'm 5'11", these have a 25" body length.

View attachment 474396 View attachment 474397
Hi
Halfbelts can be worn with longer body lengths and look great, like the Himel Frobisher below. But they have to be in proportion and your's definitely isn't.

View attachment 474394 View attachment 474395

He should have made you a new jacket instead of altering the first one because the body length can't be shortened and your jacket is about 2 inches too long imo. If I were you I'd return that jacket and ask for one with 23" body length.

These are two of my longest halfbelt. I'm 5'11", these have a 25" body length.

View attachment 474396 View attachment 474397
Hi @Marc mndt what type of leather are these two jackets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112