Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros jacket, 1st winter update

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It does show the effectiveness of the “bespoke” marketing! If people realized they could get the same level of size customization from Aero, Vanson, Lewis etc at a fraction of the price, who would go Himel?

As I said in the earlier thread, the bespoke promise was one of the things that made me consider a Himel in the early days when I was discovering the hobby.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I love how this thread continues to live on the first page of TFL. We should pin it so everyone that comes here looking for leather jacket advice will know that Himel sells horribly stitched jackets and has ZERO costumer service. Wait, it's not zero. Zero would have been no response at all. His costumer service is in the negative. If you complain about horrible stitching on his jackets, he will launch a full instagram campaign calling you an idiot.

ProteinNerd

What perfect timing for a customer service comparison. My ELMC windward arrived with a slight issue where the front of the sleeve attaches to the shoulder, it was obviously sewn in at the wrong angle and left a pucker.

IMG_0893.jpeg

I emailed Rob at Eastman to ask his thoughts and he immediately offered to arrange a courier to pick it up and return it from Australia to the UK, have it fixed and get it back to me. No charge.

THAT is respecting your customer and the quality of your brand.

MrProper

What perfect timing for a customer service comparison. My ELMC windward arrived with a slight issue where the front of the sleeve attaches to the shoulder, it was obviously sewn in at the wrong angle and left a pucker.

View attachment 509987

I emailed Rob at Eastman to ask his thoughts and he immediately offered to arrange a courier to pick it up and return it from Australia to the UK, have it fixed and get it back to me. No charge.

THAT is respecting your customer and the quality of your brand.
I had the same thing with Aero a long time ago. There was no discussion at all and everything was solved to my complete satisfaction.
Mistakes can always happen. Good customer service is confirmed in the event of a problem and not in fair weather.
It's like managers: you recognise the good ones in a crisis and not when everything is going well.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I love how this thread continues to live on the first page of TFL. We should pin it so everyone that comes here looking for leather jacket advice will know that Himel sells horribly stitched jackets and has ZERO costumer service. Wait, it's not zero. Zero would have been no response at all. His costumer service is in the negative. If you complain about horrible stitching on his jackets, he will launch a full instagram campaign calling you an idiot.
I was thinking the same thing while following this thread. Pin it up!

Damon141

Practically Family
My question was more why go to a niche maker for something as ubiquitous as a cafe racer, which pretty much every company offers? For instance Schott had a repro of the Beck you like in stock all last year.

This is more general curiosity, not about the botched construction itself.
It was just like Will Zach said, my shape is an issue so I knew I had to go made to measure. I also really liked the design of the Kensington with the subtle details which came from an earlier J100. The double stitching and welts/piping along zippers.

I liked the look of the Aero Board racer but I am guilty for assuming that I would get a higher quality product with Himel. I'm not dumb, I knew it wouldn't be that much better, i just assumed that with the price it would include a higher level of detail.

Here is a new Himel video sadly seems aimed at me. He talks about many things but focuses on bullying. I hardly see how posting pictures of poor workmanship is bullying. This happens all day every day with nearly every single thing, product, or service. People talk about things online

El Marro

It was just like Will Zach said, my shape is an issue so I knew I had to go made to measure. I also really liked the design of the Kensington with the subtle details which came from an earlier J100. The double stitching and welts/piping along zippers.

I liked the look of the Aero Board racer but I am guilty for assuming that I would get a higher quality product with Himel. I'm not dumb, I knew it wouldn't be that much better, i just assumed that with the price it would include a higher level of detail.

Here is a new Himel video sadly seems aimed at me. He talks about many things but focuses on bullying. I hardly see how posting pictures of poor workmanship is bullying. This happens all day every day with nearly every single thing, product, or service. People talk about things online
I would say that you are living rent free in his head But that would be incorrect. You paid to be there and the more effort I see him spending on deflection and gaslighting the sadder it is.

Wow. Just wow. Bullying? How on earth is an honest pictorial review "Bullying" ???

willyto

One Too Many
At this point the only reason this has snowballed it's because of how the maker decided to go about it.

If the maker had just appeared here and said something like:

Hey @Damon141 let's have a phone call or an email exchange privately and let's talk about how I can make this right by you and talk about why we didn't meet your expectations.

This would have taken a different path. As it sits now its just a shitshow and there's 13K views on this thread. Not because of the client but because of how this was dealt by Quality Control in the first place and Customer Support later (Doesn't matter how big or small the brand is and the people behind it).

Also the fact that there are first class and just regular joes when it comes to clients sucks. Which is what happened to @jeo bascially, he was treated as a first class client and Damon was told to suck it up and accept it as it is.

I just don't understand how going of on Instagram and Youtube is going to make this any quieter. Those who don't know what is going on will start investigating and end up knowing about things that weren't public knowledge.

I doubt anyone here wishes him any failure but trying to ignore such a complaint, blaming the client on public social media on a clearly subpar luxury product isn't going to help the brand at all. Not sure what is going on here to be honest but I hope it stops before he digs a bigger hole.

At this point the only reason this has snowballed it's because of how the maker decided to go about it.

This would have taken a different path. As it sits now its just a shitshow and there's 13K views on this thread. Not because of the client but because of how this was dealt by Quality Control in the first place and Customer Support later (Doesn't matter how big or small the brand is and the people behind it).

Also the fact that there are first class and just regular joes when it comes to clients sucks. Which is what happened to @jeo bascially, he was treated as a first class client and Damon was told to suck it up and accept it as it is.

I just don't understand how going of on Instagram and Youtube is going to make this any quieter. Those who don't know what is going on will start investigating and end up knowing about things that weren't public knowledge.

I doubt anyone here wishes him any failure but trying to ignore such a complaint, blaming the client on public social media on a clearly subpar luxury product isn't going to help the brand at all. Not sure what is going on here to be honest but I hope it stops before he digs a bigger hole.
Exactly right....This thread would've been DOA after a simple response like that (assuming fault for the subpar product was accepted and an amicable solution reached).

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

I fully agree with you. It’s really sad to see him dig himself deeper into this hole he’s stuck himself into. Self sabotaging.

jeo

One Too Many
Well now I'm feeling the same guilt that I felt when I initially got the re make and another didn't. Didn't really enjoy the jacket until months later after I forgot about the whole thing.

I also don't know if I'm first class, according to @red devil someone pushed him into remaking me the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy