Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

willyto

One Too Many
The one I like the most is the pullover. You can't really find anything like it from other sources.

iRlK5rl.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's gotta be Shinki + artificial creasing which is what they actually do in Japan. I've had jackets that I had literally worn to death (ironically, that was back when I didn't really know a first thing about leather jackets and just had one that I loved wearing) and they never got creases like that.
Artificial creasing, like any kind of distressing, for some reason bugs the bejaysus out of me. It would bother me every time I wore it. I've always loved the fact that my LHB arrived in pristeen condition and that every mark and crease on it was caused by me.

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Is there an extensive gallery of customer jackets?

I'm looking to get one but want to see what options or modifications they can do.

Iron Horse

Vendor
It's gotta be Shinki + artificial creasing which is what they actually do in Japan. I've had jackets that I had literally worn to death (ironically, that was back when I didn't really know a first thing about leather jackets and just had one that I loved wearing) and they never got creases like that.

I think it has more to do with the width of the sleeves. If they're narrow, or you size down to get them narrow, they'll crease. Otherwise they won't; my Lost Worlds Ryder will likely never display these crazy creases because the sleeves are relatively wide. On the other hand, take a slim jacket like one from High Large Leathers (where they don't do artificial creasing):

New:

hl14jk001blk.jpg

Worn:

index-img.jpg

Sleeve length and type of leather also effects the creasing. Shinki is a bit "crisper" than the Italian hides I've handled. The thickness and crispyness has a lot to do with the type of wrinkling you get. Horween gives you more of a rolled look where the Shinki is more creased- if that makes sense.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Shinki is a bit "crisper" than the Italian hides I've handled.
I think @handymike verbalized his impression that Shinki might be "crisper" than Vicenza, which is also my impression based on my own limited experience with two Aero Sheenes (Italian / Vicenza HH) and one Chapman/Himel Ventura (Shinki HH).

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Crisper" is not an adjective I would use in relationship to leather and, therefore, I am not sure what it means. I have owned both Shinki and Vicenza. IMHO, Vicenza is a tad more rigid and, as a result, drapes a tad less naturally. The difference is not huge and Vicenza remains my second favorite HH. Shinki slots in between Vicenza and ELMC HH (is that Warhorse?) -- the ELMC HH is lighter and more pliable than Shinki.

Iron Horse

Vendor
I was at the US Country Store in Taipei last week. Very cool store and street. Wish we had a congregation of stores like that in LA.

Yep, the Dunhua area is jam-packed; Take5, US Country, May Club, Authentic, Black Venom, Faith Co, The Thurs, Groovy, plus the Red Wing and LVC stores.

I can't think of anywhere outside of Japan that has that kind of concentration in such a small area. :D

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Is the grisly considered the flagship model? And do they have brown fur options? I'm thinking of getting a grisly with black hh and brown fur with a medium brown stitching and brass zippers.

Also what pocket options can you choose for the grisly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran