Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather

So, I've been drooling over the Heron for awhile, and yesterday I made my way over to Self Edge to see one in person. There's no doubt in my mind that it is a quality jacket, but that said, I won't be buying one from the store. Maybe it was the brown color which to me was a bit blah, or maybe I bought into a vision of what it might look like on... My initial thought was that it was too short despite an explanation from the clerk that it's supposed to be a vintage fit. Then when I looked in the mirror, it looked pretty boxy- again, not what I'd imagined. I really admire DH's craftsmanship and approach, and if I ever were to get a jacket of his, I'd definitely go custom through him. I'm really glad I got to try it on because otherwise I'd be obsessing for another 2 years. Thanks for the tip off guys.
Hollywood? If so, that's the one isaw and I just think it was a funky sample. The hide was awesome, if a hair thinner than the similar Ventura I just received. Beautiful workmanship and materials, but an odd duck that one is.

767fo

One of the Regulars
The quality of the stitchwork on this jacket is amazing. I've got a bunch of leather jackets made by Japanese and Western companies and was just blown away by the attention to detail. Buttons, by the way, are vintage melamine.

IMG_3596_zpsb2ce8bf4.jpg

IMG_3594_zps2d80cd36.jpg

IMG_3591_zps6dfa7584.jpg

Of course, this beauty is proudly made in Canada and comes with a cool union tag...

IMG_3590_zpsb03bdbf5.jpg

My (very limited) photo skills always desert me when taking timer shots of myself so apologies about the quality of these fit pics...

f542d807-98e3-47c1-adc4-e5a6d84a8041_zps9acd62b9.jpg

befbe6ee-9649-4de5-b137-c28a119cda3c_zps411a40c2.jpg

Thanks for looking! Now feel free to go back to using this thread to make arrangements for your weekend BBQ or whatever. :)

Is the oil tanned HH from a different tannery than the Shinki Japanese HH?

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Qinhan, outstanding! Great jacket and great fit. I want one in brown!
Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the kind comments, gentlemen.

Ishmael, I agonised over the colour for a long time and in the end went with black. Black just seems to go better with the rest of my wardrobe, plus brown wouldn't have suited the burgundy lining.

I've got some well worn-in black Chippewa's that should do the trick. :) Maybe something for the next fit pics...
Awesome. I'm being critical here sitting on my @$$ with no pics of my own. But I am ogling my new jacket and looking at the incredible details. It's almost frickin' sick I tell you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112