Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Frobisher (positive)

126610LN

New in Town
Can you ask them if you get the chance? Would be curious to know.
From Nicks.

Hello, unfortunately the Renegades are not rebuildable due to the sewing pattern we use. Since they don't technically have "uppers and lowers" like our other models do, there isn't an upper to save and rebuild the lowers only. I do apologize for the inconvenience, please let us know if you have any further questions, we are always happy to help!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@126610LN
Thank you for the follow up!
"they don't technically have "uppers and lowers"" - Still don't understand what that means. For me the shaft would be the upper in this case and the vamp and heel panels would be the "lowers". Or the shaft, vamp and heel would be uppers and the whole sole would be "lowers".
Also not clear what "sewing pattern" do they mean. Looks like normal stitching to me.
Boy would I love a pair of their Renegades in W&C DS Natural but with single row stitching on the sole..
Dream boot!
1684987056104.png

126610LN

New in Town
@TartuWolf

You're welcome! Yeah, I don't understand either why they can't at least reuse the shafts. I'm contemplating between Renegades in buck brown or more Vibergs.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think what they mean the boots is not welted, its stitchdown so if the form is being reshaped the lips will get messed up and cant be stitched back onto a sole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB