Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himels: who's kept, who's sold?

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer
The Canuck is a great jacket. I bought mine from the right honourable Superfluous. If I was buying new I’d go for cotton drill lining or similar, the light wool in mine has become a bit loose/baggy.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. I pulled the sides, in a little which helped. It fits great when they are drawn in completely, but I don't like the way it sits when they are.
I guess that I just need to stress less, it was a big outlay by my standards and its has made me hyper critical...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That looks like a fine jacket to me, but I like them loose and long. Nice buy IMHO.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
This really gets at the heart of it. Someone once posted a similar inquiry about Good Wear Leather and I think the answer would be the same no matter who the maker is. For many of us the hunt never ends and what was meant to be a lifetime purchase might not last through the winter.
This really gets at the heart of it. Someone once posted a similar inquiry about Good Wear Leather and I think the answer would be the same no matter who the maker is. For many of us the hunt never ends and what was meant to be a lifetime purchase might not last through the winter.

This is true, terribly true.

zebedee

One Too Many
I also really like the Canuck and might well get one if two conditions were met- that it were cheaper and were I not already the owner of an Aero Maxwell and a Stockman. I've actually become reasonably good at stopping myself from spending by using the above rationales. Although I reckon the Canuck is a thing of awe, I won't go above 850 quid for a jacket and any new ones would have to be a really different style from ones I own. I think the lining of the Canuck is particularly great, too so, if you can pull the sleight of mind that I cannot allow myself to do, get one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points