Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

History Bunker Jackets ?

Alistair

New in Town
Ok well I started out here a week ago thinking of getting a used Cooper A2 for a couple of hundred and now I am looking at an Aero A2 goat and maybe an Eastman Hartmann... jeez... !! Well while I love good quality I wasn't thinking of spending £1.3k :)

Does anyone have any experience with these guys: http://www.historybunker.com/product/eric-hartmann-leather-flying-jacket/ the Hartmann is a specific fit and I am 5' 11" 210lbs suit 44" but probably 46" for this... broad and don't want to get it wrong online as they don't have full spec measurements for drop, waist etc just regular sizes....I know it is much cheaper than the ELC Hartmann but it has less detail any help out there...?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I own an ELC Luftwaffe jacket (46) I'm a 46" chest & have never regretted the purchase :)

Alistair

New in Town
no doubt the Eastman looks very good quality.... the one from NZ looks pretty cool too... its just with these jackets they have to be a proper fit and to buy one without trying or getting it wrong would be awful.... anyone had any experience with Aero if they made a Hartmann ?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I went down to ELC & tried my jacket on prior to purchase (lucky to live close enough to do that). I've found buying second hand off of eBay etc hazardous in so much as you can't rely on the way some vendors give jacket measurements. Good luck with tracking down a Hartmann..lovely jacket :)

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Original WW2 " Hartmann" or cycliste jackets were never black, but dark brown.
Furthermore original WW2 Hartmann jackets had only one single panel back. NEVER split back panel.
ELC jackets are quite good in this aspect, especialy the revamped brown ones.
Good luck.

CBI

One Too Many
I am sure an ELC option is better but the HB jackets might look good after some wear. I wish they didn't have the seam down the back. I have purchased a number of their vintage road signs both for myself and as gifts and the quality, service, comms could not be better. I know of others who have purchased uniforms from them and they all say HB is TOP shelf! Its obvious that the materials they use for their leather jackets are not as high end as others and many of the leather items look less than ideal. Horrible looking A-2 but yes, the Luftwaffe ones are tempting. Probably a good option if you can't find an ELC for less and you are looking at budget options. You might want to consider the Spearhead ones on eBay but if you don't like it you have to mail back to China for a refund its pricey!

WW2 German Luftwaffe Pilot BLack Goatskin Flight Jacket Size XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot