Hollywood Jackets

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Nick Charles, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

I don't know much about post-50s fabrics, but this liner sure looks pretty recent. Do we know when polyester started to be used as a liner material?

2. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

That lining!! No wonder you are confused. The logic would say it was a very proficient relining job, but why - you might ask - would someone with talent use such a woeful fabric and pattern?

3. fiftyforfifty

fiftyforfifty Sponsoring Affiliate

I like the tie

4. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

Brown on brown Hollywood
    [​IMG]

TPD166 likes this.
  5. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

Late 1930s-early 1940s Two tone leather and wool zip front casual jacket
    [​IMG]

TPD166 and PeterB like this.
  6. Dirk Wainscotting

Dirk Wainscotting A-List Customer

I didn't think much of these until I saw this one. It has more flair than 99% of the so-called 'casual' coats you see on the streets today. The thin gabardine ones are still not to my taste; they are one step away from a 70s safari suit.

PeterB likes this.
  7. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1940s-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    Can't believe it when I saw this sold! Even though it states a best offer was accepted, this is still crazy! I'm going off to NYC this summer, and I'll definitely be checking out vintage shops--but if I come across something like this, it'll surely go for a king's ransom. I was wondering why more people weren't posting these lovely jackets on the Lounge!