Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Jerry Lee !!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I don't know what is more depressing, the fact that that suits would have fit me, or the fact that I would have never been able to match the winning bid had it even gone to auction.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's coming on to summer here and I've got rockabilly tours all over the country

I made sure I captured all those images to take to my tailor, who's made some awesome repro peggies for me with side inserts and saddle stitching in the past. Some of those Melbourne bands dress pretty sharp, and a cat's gotta be lookin' his best in that crowd . . .:D

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
Heh heh.

I know those suits very well....
Because I own a couple.

See, ...back in the early days of eBay (sigh...the memories)
when it used to rain outfits like that, there was this one fella,
who had a pile of exactly THOSE. They were never worn two tone flecked outfits with the polkadot lining...with the tags and everything. And in differnt colors too. If i recall correctly,..there was even one with tiger stripes on the shoulders.
Eventually he sold them all...but not before i picked up mine in pink and black!

Im gonna bet all my chips that the seller got his from the same guy.

:)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Kays of Winnipeg

The item was made in Canada by Kays of Winnipeg. This is a pretty well known company, though I'm sketchy on its history myself. I do own a nice old advertising standy for Kays overcoats from the 40s.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
If you don't do it, someone else will.

Baron Kurtz said:
looks like someone offered the seller enough to bail on the auction, eh? Those trousers are nuts.

bk

If I want something bad enough, I'll always make an offer. I used to despise this manner of underhanded dealing but finally gave in after the hard lesson of several dozen auctions for long-sought items mysteriously ended. Works about ten or fifteen percent of the time. Often I'll have an offer turned down and end up winning the auction for less than half of what I intially put on the table.

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
im becoming a jerry lee Lewis impersonator . this would have been perfect for me does any one know any thing about teddy boys ? oh SHAKE IT BAYBAaa lol;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav