Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Help

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Can anyone make a recommendation for a reasonably priced homburg with a full crown. I need one for my daughter's wedding in Oct. I don't want to buy a wool one and I don't like a tapered crown, I much prefer a "stovepipe straight" crown or even one with a little reverse taper. I could have Art make me one but I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it, I don't wear a tux as often as I used to. Besides, I have ideas for other hats I want to spend my "Art" money on.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
I like the looks of that. It looks fairly straight sided and the brim looks to be not too wide. I like the brims on my fedors to be in the 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 range. My Italian is non-existent so other than the pic I couldn't get much info. My size is 7 1/2 or 60 cm but I am an extra long oval

Thanks

Ah, I didn't see the little flags in the upper right corner. My Italian isn't so bad now

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
warmentrout said:
I like the looks of that. It looks fairly straight sided and the brim looks to be not too wide. I like the brims on my fedors to be in the 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 range. My Italian is non-existent so other than the pic I couldn't get much info. My size is 7 1/2 or 60 cm but I am an extra long oval

Thanks

Ah, I didn't see the little flags in the upper right corner. My Italian isn't so bad now
I e-mailed that guy on a question I had about Borsalino hats, and he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It's definitely worth a contact. To so many websites I send queries and never hear back, particularly in Italy. This fellow is an exception. Did I say he was helpful? If not, then I do now.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For a straight-sided crown you're limited to customs or vintage. Vintage will be cheaper (size pending) but you may not find one in time for the event. Ebay, thrift shops, etc [huh]

To echo Garrett ...

If you were a smaller size, you could very likely find one on eBay, and you could likely get it at a very good price, seeing how Homburgs tend to attract considerably less interest than fedoras.

It's still worth a try, though. I've come across many a very high quality vintage Homburg in very good (or better) condition. There's gotta be at least one out there with your name on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24