Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOME HAT SALE

hatflick1

Practically Family
I throw this open for Lounger opinions and suggestions.

There are about eight hats in my collections I wish to sell. These include mostly vintage Stetson, Resistol, Adam, etc. I also have two newer Borsalinos in the sale grouping.

Due to my schedule and lack of a digital camera, I do not have time to photograph and pack/ship hats were they sold on ebay, internet or privately.

Therefore, I am proposing a house sale where potential buyers (or their agents) can come and examine, try on and purchase hats. Sizes are either
7 3/8 or 7 1/2. Condition of all hats is very good to excellent.

I live in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles, a stone's throw from the famous Melrose Avenue.

Thoughts?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
hatflick1 said:
I throw this open for Lounger opinions and suggestions.

There are about eight hats in my collections I wish to sell. These include mostly vintage Stetson, Resistol, Adam, etc. I also have two newer Borsalinos in the sale grouping.

Due to my schedule and lack of a digital camera, I do not have time to photograph and pack/ship hats were they sold on ebay, internet or privately.

Therefore, I am proposing a house sale where potential buyers (or their agents) can come and examine, try on and purchase hats. Sizes are either
7 3/8 or 7 1/2. Condition of all hats is very good to excellent.

I live in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles, a stone's throw from the famous Melrose Avenue.

Thoughts?
I'd say go for it! Good Idea but just watch who get your house address.. I'd come but I'm all the way up in Calgary. :cry:

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Why not try listing them here instead...no pesky ebay fees!I wear a 7 1/4- 7 3/8 and would have interest in all of the brands you mentioned! I second StetsonHomburg's opinion about the home sale, I have sold items via CL and had to deal with meeting some real oddballs...not sure I would have wanted them in my home!! lol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
blixa00 said:
Why not try listing them here instead...no pesky ebay fees!I wear a 7 1/4- 7 3/8 and would have interest in all of the brands you mentioned! I second StetsonHomburg's opinion about the home sale, I have sold items via CL and had to deal with meeting some real oddballs...not sure I would have wanted them in my home!! lol

:arated:

Use someones phone for pity's sake....

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Being as far away as I am, my advice my be somewhat self-serving. I'd love a shot at the 7 1/2's! But here it is, anyway;

There are stores out there (and in LA, there should be a good number) that can take photos, pack & ship, and even run ebay listings if you wanted to go that route. Yes, it would cost you a little extra, but that could be factored into your price. This would enable you to sell to Loungers, or at least keep total strangers out of your home.

I know the UPS Store offers packing services, and they might have advice on where to get pictures taken.

Or, I could sell you my old camera... :eek:

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
If you can get a lone of a digital camera and are willing to ship internationally you will clean up on the bay with those sizes .especially if the brims are 2 1/4"+....I am interested myself and would like to see em for sale up here,but.... the bay is the best way to go.money wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt