Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Tailors

Oh, well. It shouldn't take too long now, Rudie.

I have a bunch of linen fabric that I've decided to have Jantzen make up into a jacket. I'll want them to copy a 1930s British linen jacket that I own. I already had my chap in London copy a pair of fishtail trousers in the same fabric, so this should complete the suit. I hope they can copy jackets as well as they can copy shirts!

I'll keep this thread posted with the results. The Baroness will bring the fabric over for me in late June, so probably not til early July for results on this project …

bk

Well, I've decided that I cant actually afford to have a jacket copied (£200 is cheap, but I can't really swing it just now), so this project will have to wait until I have a rather more settled work situation.

I will be having more shirts made, however. I'll keep the thread posted.

bk

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Today the first of the two of the Baron's shirts I ordered from Jantzen was delivered. I couldn't be pleased more! Fit is excellent and they really did the spear point collar right. The shirt tails are long like an old night shirt's, so I'll probably have them shortened just a bit for the second shirt. Unfortunately, I can't take pictures as my camera just turned dead. But I can say that they did a very good job replicating that shirt. It cost me HK$480.00 including shipping. That's €49.00 or £39.50 for a MTM exact vintage replica.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I wish they had, too. But still, they have some nice, structured fabrics. And who am I to complain at that price?

How did your shirts fit after washing them a few times?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Really? I'll wait till after the second washing and report back, then. But it's safe to say that I'll order more of these shirts. What I really need now is a collar bar...

Do they let you bring your own shirtings? You could bring them some cotton flannels.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
My camera is working again. Apologies for the crumpled shirt. I've already worn it yesterday. Colour is a very light grey textured fabric.

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

Nice fabric. Glad to see they're able to do these properly for internet orders, too. How is the collar thickness. This is the one thing it's been difficult to convince them of - the collar should not be rigid, take the damn interlinings out! A single thin piece of linen only, please …

bk

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The collar is quite floppy. There is interlining, but I asked them to use a piece of linen. Don't know if they did, but the collar is reasonably soft.

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
At the price it's a no brainer IMO. Where can you get an exact repro of a late 20s/early30s British spear point collar shirt made to your exact measurements for 39.50 quid? Jump on it!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yes, it has become my favourite shirt right away. I am very grateful to the Baron for going through all the trouble of making this possible for us fellow Loungers.

bk, are you talking loop collar shirts? Cool.

Edward

Bartender
Not sure. I'll be testing them out on that at the beginning of next month. I have some nice vintage fabric to have made up into a sports shirt.

bk

I take it you're leaving that one til last? ;)

Rudie's shirt looks great. Do they offer double cuffs as an option?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner