Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Tailors

MB15

New in Town
Hello Baron Kurz
Congratulations on your shirt. Seems really accurately tailored to me. Especially the really extrem collar looks very good in my humble opinion. Hope we will see more shirts like that soon.
Greetings
Marco

Two nice examples of attention to detail in the copying. Hard to see, but the shoulder yoke on the original is in fact made of 2 pieces, which they copied accurately:

JantzenShirt6.jpg

And two points about the bottom of the placket. The little rectangular reinforcing stitching and the useless (it is not functional) button in the box pleat at the base. Weird.

JantzenShirt7.jpg

bk

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The button is probably meant to be fastened to the trousers to prevent the shirt from riding up, don't you think?

Great repros, Baron! How long are the collar points and how high is the collar? Thanks.

On the original the point is 4.25" long & the collar is 1.675" high. The repro has points 4.5", accounted for by the collar being slightly higher at 2". The only other change I made was to have a button added to the collar closure - the original closure needs a stud.

Good idea about the extra button. That could be a reasonable explanation …

bk

Yes, they did it very well.

I think I might get my next one done with detachable collars so I can get multiple styles of collar in the same fabric without having to buy multiple shirts. They've got so many great fabrics that I suspect this is where most of my free cash will go in the next few months.

bk

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Do they offer their services over the internet? With your shirt as a template they should be able to replicate it to other people's measurements. This would be awesome.

The next time I go in when they're not too busy I'll talk to them again about either putting this as a style on their website or giving me a reference number that you can quote to say what shirt you want.

The body should be big enough - and plenty long enough (it is very long in the body like all oher Euro 1920s/30s shirts) - for pretty much anyone, but obviously neck and arms would need to be customized.

I will certainly keep you guys informed in this thread. Obviously I accept no responsibility if they screw up on internet orders.

bk

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The next time I go in when they're not too busy I'll talk to them again about either putting this as a style on their website or giving me a reference number that you can quote to say what shirt you want.

The body should be big enough - and plenty long enough (it is very long in the body like all oher Euro 1920s/30s shirts) - for pretty much anyone, but obviously neck and arms would need to be customized.

I will certainly keep you guys informed in this thread.

Great, thanks! I usually have my shirts made by Hemrajani Bros., but I doubt I could make them do a half-buttoned shirt like this without messing it up. They are very open to custom work, but this might be a bit much to do right over the internet without the tailor having an actual template.

Obviously I accept no responsibility if they screw up on internet orders.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Now we need somebody to copy these Apache shirts with the angled breast pocket by Mister Freedom. ;)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Well, even if I was willing to shell out $360.00 for a shirt, and OTR, I couldn't buy one of those. They just wouldn't fit. Even their biggest shirt has sleeves that are too short for me, and the collar size I'd need has sleeves that go just below my elbows. I do love the style, though.

MF_Django-web.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Of course it might have been an joke but...

Which ones? Wouldn't want to advocate the ripping off of current (or recent) production shirts, though …

bk
:arated: Please don't copy current makers. I like Mr Freedoms designs (and don't like his prices). It is more satisfactory to come up with own design anyway. I remember your grey flannels

I had this kind of sucess with my vecona shirts and really love them to death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner