Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide Morgan Memphis Belle Classic A-2 Leather Flight Jacket 44 GORGEOUS!!

Technonut

Practically Family
Too many leather jackets "hanging" around... :p I am offering my Morgan Memphis Belle A-2 jacket on the Bay for a true bargain price. Free shipping in the USA to boot. ;)

VERY nice Horsehide on this one folks. Just the right thickness for an authentic WWII A-2 IMO, and the grain looks like it will really 'pop' with some wear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302418807819?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

If interested, don't be shy to make an offer... :)

Technonut

Practically Family
I regretted selling this one, and shortly afterward, purchased the last size 44 that Linda Morgan had at the time. The measurements are:

Pit-Pit: 23.5"
Shoulders: 19"
Back Length: 25"
Sleeves (a bit long, plan on shortening): 26.5"

Since this post however, the absolute best bargain out there for an A-2 repro IMO would be here:

Looks like they have one helluva workload, and aren't accepting new orders at this time. I personally own one, and it's pretty much dead-on to the original... Still worth keeping an eye on for when they start taking orders again IMO...

BilleeW

New in Town
Thank you very helpful, I normally look for 20" shoulders, when you own yours would you say that it's fit is wide enough that I'd be happy with it ?

Technonut

Practically Family
I believe the pattern would work for you in the shoulders, and should be a comfortable fit if you generally wear a 44 R.. The one I still have fits me quite well, except for the sleeve length being a bit long. I have a new set of knits for it, but haven't gotten around to getting it done...

BilleeW

New in Town
Thanks for help, your other numbers are in my range,I wear 44 or 46 depends on maker's as you know. Is this model no longer being made ?

Technonut

Practically Family
If you are getting into a 46, I can't 100% guarantee that the shoulders won't be a bit snug. I'm pretty much a dead-on 44R, and it's quite comfortable.

These A-2's were authorized and designed in Japan some years back by Robert K. Morgan (Pilot of the Memphis Belle), and his wife, Linda. They were primarily made for the Japanese market, but Col. Morgan and Linda carried some stock in their online store, and also sold some at air-shows. I occasionally see a few on eBay every now and again, and a good many on Buyee Japan auctions..

I don't see any listed now on Linda Morgan's site, but a number of years ago, I believe she had a couple of 46's.. Wouldn't hurt to contact her and ask:

BilleeW

New in Town
MVC-195S.JPG
MVC-195S.JPG
MVC-196S.JPG

BilleeW

New in Town
hi can you tell mwe where you mesured to get the 19" either tip of shoulders or straight across you see in photos my Eastman 46 you get 20" or 19"

Technonut

Practically Family
I measure like this:

IMG_2221.jpg

EDIT: The above pic is from the tutorial, not my jacket....

AirTransportCommand

Familiar Face
I'm late to the party, but it sounds like you got all the answers you needed. I actually sold the jacket a year or so ago to a friend of mine who made it a tribute jacket for his relative. Wasn't the best A-2 I've ever had, but it was certainly one of the best in that price-range. Very comfy, and like he said, the sleeves were quite long, which was ideal for me, as I'm 6'3" with long arms. At Eastman, I have to order a 42 EXTRA-Long, for reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112