Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can I wash these hats?

Jay90210

New in Town
I've accumulated a small collection of polyester, cotton, and suede bucket hats (from Borsalino and Toraya) and they need a good cleaning. I imagine cotton and polyester could go in a very light wash cycle and maybe the suede would need some other kind of treatment. How would you go about washing these?
Thank you!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First off check what the tag tells you if anything. If they don’t have a tag either you dry clean or wash by hand. Wash by hand in cold water, use a light detergent like woolite, re-shape and air dry. The suede will have to dry cleaned or buy a suede cleaning kit. Like the one you buy for uggs.
Hope that helps.
Johnny

dkstott

Practically Family
First off check what the tag tells you if anything. If they don’t have a tag either you dry clean or wash by hand. Wash by hand in cold water, use a light detergent like woolite, re-shape and air dry. The suede will have to dry cleaned or buy a suede cleaning kit. Like the one you buy for uggs.
Hope that helps.
Johnny
I second @johnnycanuck response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider