Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Did Your Hat Come In Handy Today?

DNO

One Too Many
It was pouring rain when I left the grocery store today. Rather than have soggy bread, my fedora protected it while we walked to the car. Better wet hair than wet bread!

winter_joe

A-List Customer
I was kissing my fiance when my mom came up trying to sneek a pic, I saw her and put up my black churchill 35 beaver homburg in front of our faces and all she took a pic of was us kissing behind my hat. Lol

Herzen

One of the Regulars
No one else in my family wears hats; even baseball caps. It has therefore become a bit of a catchphrase for me that whenever we are out and anyone complains about the sun in their eyes or sunburn on their faces, I comment that hats are excellent at preventing precisely those issues. I particularly nag at my father, who after a lifetime outdoors has been dealing with a number of precancerous spots on his face. They may tease me, but we spent a family day at the fair recently and I was the only one whose nose wasn't peeling two days later...

Unfortunately my first concern was saving the frog (and a swift second concern getting the horrid thing out of my hat; I'm allergic to frog skin secretions) and therefore I didn't think to take any pictures. Next time! They catch quite a few of them, sadly, and do nothing about the mice in the walls … None of my neighbours seem to know where the frogs come from. We live on top of a hill about a mile away from the nearest water. Maybe someone has a pond in their back yard?

Wally in Cincy

One of the Regulars
Baron,

Was it perhaps a toad? I have had frogs and toads living in my planter boxes this summer. Cool and wet, I guess they like it.

My fedora kept my head dry Saturday when an offshoot of Hurricane Isaac came thru.

frog or toad?

froghat.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
That's a frog in my book. A toad's legs are not as long compared to the body. The body is more stout of a toad. JMHO & how I was raised.
I eat frog legs but not toad legs.....

True, that's what differentiates frogs from toads. The only problem is that it's a continuum. The fellow in Baron's hat looks more froggy to me, too.
Good point about the eating habits. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy