Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

While I always get compliments on my hats this time it was different. I was wearing a "woolsie" Strat clone (Because I can spray that one up with bug spray and not feel bad!) to a fireworks festival. Standing in line for one of those lemonade shake-ups, when the vendor guy, started complementing the hat, "what a good looking hat" etc. Then when he handed me the drink, he said "that hat sure looks good....you know......you would be the guy I would go to if I wanted to know something":eek::rolleyes::oops:
I wonder if other people think that way.........sure would explain a lot.....just as we discussed earlier regarding hats and jury duty.........perhaps it is time to stop wearing hats.....and bow ties!!!!!:rolleyes:;)
NOT!!!!!!!!
M:)

While I always get compliments on my hats this time it was different. I was wearing a "woolsie" Strat clone (Because I can spray that one up with bug spray and not feel bad!) to a fireworks festival. Standing in line for one of those lemonade shake-ups, when the vendor guy, started complementing the hat, "what a good looking hat" etc. Then when he handed me the drink, he said "that hat sure looks good....you know......you would be the guy I would go to if I wanted to know something":eek::rolleyes::oops:
I wonder if other people think that way.........sure would explain a lot.....just as we discussed earlier regarding hats and jury duty.........perhaps it is time to stop wearing hats.....and bow ties!!!!!:rolleyes:;)
NOT!!!!!!!!
M:)
Bow ties just make you look more intelligent! Put a hat on top and you are an instant expert!

RJR

I was walking through a big box store and a 20-something fella was walking toward me. As he approached I could tell he was staring a little and then he said something like, "Yeah... just great!" I just said, get a hat, man... you'd look super!
:)

Bow ties just make you look more intelligent! Put a hat on top and you are an instant expert!
KwcNltR.jpg

Riiiiiight. :D

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It happened again.
It's about 80 degrees and sunny here. In the early afternoon I was coming back from lunch and was outside our building. I was wearing a light grey suit, a white shirt, a summery tie and my Panama hat. Met a colleague (European) as I was going in and he was coming out. We chatted a bit and at the end he said "you look great. I like your cowboy hat."
I'm start to think that either (A) to a European any wid-brimmed hat is a "cowboy hat", or (B) that they think if an American is wearing a hat, it MUST therefore be a "cowboy hat". I'm a bit more forgiving if its the former. Anyway, he ment well and I did not correct him. (As my mother taught me, I just said "thank you.") Or maybe I'm over-analyzing. Maybe the general public just doesn't know and just doesn't care. A hat is a hat is a hat.

Just arrived home from two months in Montana and Wyoming. Wore my silverbelly Borsalino and often my roper boots. The Borsa is stylistically a hybrid, fedora/open roadish semi western look. Saw a few elderly men wearing straw western hats but not that many. When my wife and I were in the city(ies) a number of times I was asked by "tourists" for directions. I suspect it was the hat, looking semi western the tourists assumed I must be a local. Sometimes I even knew the answer and did not dispel their notion and answered as is I were a local.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Went to Walmart yesterday for a quick pickup. Was wearing my vintage Stetson Panama with cattleman’s crease.
On the way out the lady said “i like your hat”. I said “i like your...” nah!!
Either she was a well trained greeter or liked the hat or?? Idk First time there since i shaved the beard?? Nah
Nobody was around to get outta my way like before. Ha
B

MondoFW

Practically Family
Went to Walmart yesterday for a quick pickup. Was wearing my vintage Stetson Panama with cattleman’s crease.
On the way out the lady said “i like your hat”. I said “i like your...” nah!!
Either she was a well trained greeter or liked the hat or?? Idk First time there since i shaved the beard?? Nah
Nobody was around to get outta my way like before. Ha
B
Or maybe she just liked the hat!

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Okay folks. Had my first insult last week from a drive-by insulter. I went out for a late night cruise by myself. Around 12:30am, I pulled up to the local train station because as I was driving by, I spotted one of those old green Burlington Northern hopper cars parked on the siding.

I got out to snap a photo and I hear someone (a teenage punk) drive by and yell "Nice hat f@$%&g douchebag!!"

All of that nonsense for the silverbelly Open Road I was wearing at the time.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay folks. Had my first insult last week from a drive-by insulter. I went out for a late night cruise by myself. Around 12:30am, I pulled up to the local train station because as I was driving by, I spotted one of those old green Burlington Northern hopper cars parked on the siding.

I got out to snap a photo and I hear someone (a teenage punk) drive by and yell "Nice hat f@$%&g douchebag!!"

All of that nonsense for the silverbelly Open Road I was wearing at the time.
Teenage punks don't know better... and he's jealous of your style, my good man. :cool:

I had a youngster at work ask me why I turned the front brim down on my hat.... wow. I told her, um, because that's the way fedoras are supposed to be worn... I'm not some hispter wanna-be rock star, you know... LOL. :p

...I got out to snap a photo and I hear someone (a teenage punk) drive by and yell "Nice hat f@$%&g douchebag!!"...
Whenever I hear or read something like this, my first thought is almost always "Consider the source." :rolleyes: It hasn't happened to me yet, but if/when it does I'll just laugh and tip my hat in their general direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui