Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you condition Horween Nubuck?

blatman23

New in Town
So I picked up some used Horween Nubuck boots in gray, and I was wondering if I should condition them in any way?
I heard that it's like suede, and that leather conditioners will just stain it rather than condition it.

Should I just let it be then? They are nice and clean but I don't know, is Nubuck immune to drying?

I could use a cloth to wipe some light boot cream on them evenly but it will probably darken them a couple shades for good.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nubuck leather is much better than suede leather because it is created by using only the very best of the top in the grain of the hide. However since is not seal, you must be careful using it. I have used suede leather protector spray on nubuck before with great result. Just do not go crazy when you spray it. Light 3 or 4 passes from about 15 inches from the spraying area. Personally love nubuck but it is too much hassle for the way I like to use them. I have created very nice Sonora style pantunflas that I use around the house. Love the feel and if they get dirty so what, My Chihuahua does not care. LOL>

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This deals more with Roughout boots (J-K boots) but applies to any quality leather boots, especially the Pacific North West types.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner