Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you do, everyone?

android

One of the Regulars
Well, this looks like a pretty cool board. Since I seem to be somewhat obsessed with retro gear, I'll probably spend some time here.

I live in Austin, TX.

Retro leanings:

I wear a fedora all the time. I've got grey, black and brown felt for the winter and a couple of Panamas for summer wear. My favorite grey came from Dave Brown in Rochester and is 100% beaver. The black is from Texas Hatters and is also 100% beaver. The other are "rescued" cowboy hats. I can usually pick up an old hat at a thrift shop and have it cleaned and reblocked as a fedora. They're a little stiffer than the real thing, but a lot less expensive. My Panamas were bought as blanks from Panama Hats Direct. (Less than great experience, Casey can't seem to follow directions.) Brent Black blocked one of them for me and the other is at Tx Hatters being blocked now.

Here is me in Florida on vacation. I'm wearing my shabby Cuenca Panama.
35797355.jpg

I bought a pair of those Alden Indiana Jones boots. I also like to wear Allen Edmonds.
405.jpg

I shave with a straight razor. I have about a dozen good ones including one owned by my great grandfather.
medium.jpg

I've got a Hamilton 992 railroad pocketwatch made in 1933 for special occassions. I'm still looking for a nice vintage wristwatch. I still wear a Seamaster most of the time since it hold up to my abuse.

small.jpg

I driver a PT Cruiser. (I'd love a vintage car, but I couldn't afford to keep one in pristine condition and I tend to like the safety features and convenience of modern autos.)
medium.jpg

I'm wanting to get more golden age clothing, so I'll probably be asking you guys questions and reading the forums a lot.

Andy

Jake

One of the Regulars
Pull up a chair and have one on me. I think you'll find this is your kind of place. Welcome....and oh yea. I like the PT cruiser. Jake

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, Android.
I have shaved with astraight razor but my upper lip and chin get nervous. Were I to continue I think I would have the same style beard as you. I prefer the double edged "safety" razor, although I still need a styptic pencil occasionally.
Enough about me, you seem to fit in fine. You had us with the list of hats.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good greetings to you!

Welcome aboard.

You did you homework. You mentioned EVERYTHING most of us here like and enjoy!

I am a fedora nut, and a Montecristi nut second, then Noir Movies (you didn't mention that) and of course old cars. I sold a '40 Buick like an idot.

I enjoy airplanes, and ..well good people.

I am glad you are here!

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
Hello chap from one new guy in town to another. These swing cats are so cool at this site. Hip people are hard to find my friend but you will find them here. Yes, that is me with the bomber helmet on. Swing high. Swing heil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy