Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you drink your whiskey?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Having said that, over here, particularly with a cask strength whisky, one or two drops of water often opens the flavours out, which is really helpful for writing tasting notes!
The idea of whisky and soda water rather horrifies me though, but I suppose it is your Whiskey rather than our Whisky that is used for that? Or a blend, in which case we don't really care what anyone does with it!
Single malt is sacred though.

The drink which James Bond drinks the most in the books (although he is by no means a model drinker. Why shake that martini?) is actually a scotch and soda, often identified by brand. So, presumably whisky and and soda is accepted in some circles.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I'd say that in the 90 years since Prohibition started, the cocktail has risen to be something of an artform in and of itself. Good quality spirits only enhance a well-made cocktail.

-Dave

I'd say that in the 90 years since Prohibition started, the cocktail has risen to be something of an art form in and of itself. Good quality spirits only enhance a well-made cocktail. -Dave

Yes there is something to say use good stuff when mixing, but there is a line such as not using $1000 a bottle cognac to make a Brandy Alexander!

I believe that there is a need to drink what you like, how you like it.
At the same time it is good to try to stretch your learning and tasting abilities.

Yes there is something to say use good stuff when mixing, but there is a line such as not using $1000 a bottle cognac to make a Brandy Alexander!

I believe that there is a need to drink what you like, how you like it.
At the same time it is good to try to stretch your learning and tasting abilities.

I think I would taste a glass of the $1,000 bottle of cognac---then make a Brandy Alexander. :p

Edward

Bartender
I'm probably wrong, but I thought he had them shaken because it was usually a girl bartender [huh]

Hollywood invention. In the books he drank stirred not shaken; that was reversed for the films as they thought it sounded better. Totally changee the taste, I gather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy