Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you say "Open Road" in Italian?

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
feltfan said:
I almost bid on that one just for the store logo.
It comes from further than France.

You *know* that hat predates 1954 (and if you don't
you now have a homework assignment).

Oh heck yeah! Dien Bien Phu? That's mostly why I bid on it! What a piece of history from when Viet Nam was a tourist hot spot!

This one I don't care if it fits me or not.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojave Jack said:
OK, Tony, after seeing your excellent Open Road at the Mission Inn, I had to get one for myself. I scored this little job last week and just got it today:

0f_1.JPG

It ain't a Borsalino, but for what I paid I don't mind! :D It's in great shape, and fits perfectly!

Here's tha auction: Stetson Open Road

Great score! So I'm a style influence? Naah, gotta give that one to LBJ. lol

The cattleman's crease may grow on you, though. I was doubtful at first but now I love it. It's "Western" without being "Dude Ranch."

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
Great score! So I'm a style influence? Naah, gotta give that one to LBJ. lol

The cattleman's crease may grow on you, though. I was doubtful at first but now I love it. It's "Western" without being "Dude Ranch."

Yeah, your OR was great! I had been planning on getting one, but was thinking of holding out for a Borsalino or something of higher quality. After seeing yours, then sunsequently this one coming available, I jumped on it! Thankfully the seller didn't recognize what they had or I would have been bididng against the rest of the Open Road Guild.

I'm still not sure about the Cattleman's Crease, though. It doesn't look quite right with the brim snapped down, and I'm not crazy about it turned up. I'll give it a little time though! If I can pull it off as well as you I might just keep it that way.

Hemingway Jones said:
Perhaps, August of 1963?
Great hat, my friend.

That seems reasonable! lol And thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen