Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many hats do you have...?

How many hats do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • 10-20

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 20-30

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 30-40

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 50-60

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 60-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-80

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 80-90

• 90-100

• Total voters

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
Plan to own many more someday.

001-1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Ok, all of them wanted to come out and play today. I couldn't stop them. So just to demonstrate my illness, here is what 100 and change looks like from an aerial view. Let this be a warning to any of you who have just contracted this disease......

Houston, Buler has a problem.

B

hats_100_plus_2.jpg

Good God, man! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No wonder you keep cycling through a bevy of celebrity hat check girls! Jen and Anna can't possibly keep up with all of this on their own! :D :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Just found this thread :D
Currently I have 28 hats here plus a VS on the block still and 3 repair jobs on the way back from Optimo (and one nice flat cap with no markings) but about 4 of the ones here are just for "parts", some nice ribbons and sweats etc. but moth eaten and stained felt.
I am continuing to expand but much more particular and choosy, furthermore planning to thin out the collection some where I have 2 or more hats of similar design and style.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
:p
jimmy the lid said:
Good God, man! :eek: :

No wonder you keep cycling through a bevy of celebrity hat check girls! Jen and Anna can't possibly keep up with all of this on their own! :D :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy, this thread needs a birds-eye pic of your hats, too!... I wonder how many sofas would be requiered? :eek: :p

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Yep, because I can actually obtain a comparable hat collection. Gots NO chance at that avatar!!! :eusa_doh:

lol If I had a hat collection like that I'd be sleeping on the couch with them. But whenever my wife tells me I have too many lids I just show her a picture like Bulers and it buys me a stay of execution.

Artie

Suspended
buler said:
Ok, all of them wanted to come out and play today. I couldn't stop them. So just to demonstrate my illness, here is what 100 and change looks like from an aerial view. Let this be a warning to any of you who have just contracted this disease......

Houston, Buler has a problem.

B

hats_100_plus_2.jpg

It's like the Imelda Marcos of hats, Wow!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
:p

Jimmy, this thread needs a birds-eye pic of your hats, too!... I wonder how many sofas would be requiered? :eek: :p

Compared to buler (and some others here), I think I would only need a folding chair...:D

Cheers,
JtL

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
1ea. Wrangler Wool felt cowboy hat conversion with 4 3/4" crown and 2 3/4" brim. Black. I will post it on the Conversion Corral. No before pics. Sorry.

1ea. Scala brown stingy brim with 2" brim, 4" crown.

1ea. Conversion in progress black Rodeo King 5X beaver.

1ea. Brown Cabela's wool felt hat with 2 1/2" brim and 4" crown.

1 on the way as of last night from eBay. JC Penney's Marathon 3X, Gray. Will post pics in New Hats when it arrives.

It's a humble start. I really like doing conversions. It's almost as fun as finding a vintage hat. I poke around in garage sales looking for 6 7/8" cowboy hats (yes, I have a pinhead) to convert into fedoras. Great fun. I've almost got more time in front of a kettle than I do in front of a computer.......Naaaah! That's a total fib.:p

Cheers,

RJ

P.S.- My favorite style, bash and proportions of hats on this site are by far, Mario's. I have put the Diamond Crease on a couple of mine now and I think they look fantastic. I will probably do the same bash to the Marathon when it arrives. Sorry to ramble fellas. I'm new and middle aged. Lethal combo.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
At the moment I own 37 hats of which I'm only going to keep about eighteen to twenty. The rest will have to go. Not just because I'm running out of space, but because I simply don't wear those anymore. Most of them are late 50's/60's stingy brims. But then, after getting rid of these I'll replenish my collection with a few more wider brims... :D

Here are the eighteen hats which I'm going to keep for sure.

collection_01.jpg

Ahem......Mr. Mario, if you ever need anybody to "babysit" these beauties, I would be only too happy to take the job for free. I hope to build a collection of widebrims such as this. So far, eBay has been my friend. In my middle years and my round head will not let me pull off a stingy brim well. I look much better in the wider brims and taller crowns. Makes my head look "thinner". Not to mention these proportions are my favorite in a hat. They just have a fantastic silhouette. Well done and I'm drooling with covetous envy!

Cheers,

RJ:)

buler

I'll Lock Up
How cool would this be with all fedoras instead of Harley gas tanks? Maybe in some future hat museum.....

B

tanksalot.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn