Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many use wood stoves for heat?

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
I dearly miss my Vermont castings Resolute stove in a house I used to live in. Burned a load of wood 16 hours and perfect air controls.

Could even cook on the top which doubled as a grill.

I remember it was delivered to Louisiana on a train from Vermont and it almost killed 4 of us loading/unloading on a pickup.

Thought it was expensive at the time. Over 30 years ago but still perking. I think there was one at Camp David and I figured if it was good enough for presidents, it was good enough for me.

It was also quite the conversation piece as it could be loaded from the top while a fire was going and the smoke would NOT come into the room but was "snatched" into the chimney right before your eyes.

Bret4207

New in Town
We heat exclusively with wood off our farm here. We do the logging, cut and split and stack it oursleves. Most of the wood is cut in winter and skidded out with a 1950's JD 40 crawler, but I'm hoping to get nack into using my draft horses. Horse are lots handier int he woods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider