Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How NOT to look like Indiana Jones?!

cm289

One of the Regulars
My grandad was Indy before Indy was Indy, and he didn’t care. (Pic from late 40s)
9b03761a31956e85c25d73bcf42dd9d9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicken1616

New in Town
Speaking to looking like Indy, I have found out that if you look naturally mean (which I am actually not, at least most of the time), and are a big guy, people don't make any comments. Sometimes I see them starting to say something, and then suddenly stop.:)
I guess they just moved the release date of the new Indy movie to July 9, 2021, which is 4 days before Harrison Ford's 80th birthday.

Last edited:

RJR

Speaking to looking like Indy, I have found out that if you look naturally mean (which I am actually not, at least most of the time), and are a big guy, people don't make any comments. Sometimes I see them starting too say something, and then suddenly stop.:)
I guess they just moved the release date of the new Indy movie to July 9, 2021, which is 4 days before Harrison Ford's 80th birthday.
;)

Joe45

New in Town
Depending on where you live, people have different degrees of idiocy.

I had an uncle who often wore brown slack, leather boots, dark brown leather jacket, red buffalo plaid shirt, and a brown fedora. I always loved that look. This was in NY in the 70s, so it wasn't too uncommon.

Living in South Florida for a while, the idiot factor was always on turbo.
I had someone whistle the Indy theme as they walked by because I was wearing a canvas safari type hat, along with shorts, sandals, and a short sleeve button shirt.

I was in shorts, etc. as above, and was actually using a reproduction of the Indy bag. I was at a store and some idiot smugly said "Nice purse". I just calmly looked him in the eyes and replied "Thanks. Your mom gave it to me last night". There was a look of confusion as I calmly walked away.

In S. FL, wearing anything on your head but a baseball cap gets you weird looks. Hell, I remember going downstairs to leave work and seeing the lobby filled with people waiting for it to stop raining. I pulled my poncho out of my satchel, put my hat on, and calmly walked to my Jeep. The people in the lobby looked at me like I had two heads, some even giving each other the smirk of "Check this idiot out". Meanwhile, I was on my way home and they were still acting like rain is made of red hot needles.

Now living in Arizona, people don't much see anything wrong with hats of different sorts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider