Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Popular is the Aero A1..??

Edward

Bartender
Generally speaking, military jackets that are associated with the much-fetishised WW2 period, usually via Hollywood, get most of the love, and non-war era jackets less so. If you only want a military repro, however, and you want something in a similar weight to an A2or a G1, an A1 is a good option.

I don’t think any originals survived as many were made out of Capeskin. I like the A-1.
2d52978c46ca755c4915e239977f233e.jpg

I also like the civilian Cossack-shawl collar from the same period.
c31af059fb11cf11f1e35de9b33489f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed; excellent choice for those who want a jacket without knits, too.

willyto

One Too Many
I don’t think any originals survived as many were made out of Capeskin. I like the A-1.
2d52978c46ca755c4915e239977f233e.jpg

I also like the civilian Cossack-shawl collar from the same period.
c31af059fb11cf11f1e35de9b33489f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know Eastman Leather is the only company that owns an original or at least used an original to make his patterns so for me that's a huge deciding factor if one looks for authenticity.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
As far as I know Eastman Leather is the only company that owns an original or at least used an original to make his patterns so for me that's a huge deciding factor if one looks for authenticity.

Your Eastman must be really nice!

I am told that JC probably got a pretty good look at an original, but this is what he says:

"Our version of this iconic jacket is of our own design, not based on a specific original. Our inspiration for this pattern is the jacket seen in Suit Up! The Flight Jacket, though with our own overall design and some of our own details. Original Type A-1 jackets were made by a number of contractors, and design details vary as widely as original A-2 jackets".

I think it is a cool jacket.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21