Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm 4'10"ft and I rarely wear heels. I rarely do anything to appear taller. There was this formula for calculating some leg ratio length in the Daily Mail last year I think it was and my legs are actually relatively longlol It was a beauty ideal thing and a certain ratio was considered most attractive. So my legs are actually unattractively too longlol I have a high, low waist. A nightmare to dress btw.:eek:fftopic: Sorry, I find it difficult to stay on topic because I write like I talk:eek:

The exception was when I was in London but I didn't see any other ladies in heels except for the odd older Italian lady tourists. I thought more women in cities than smaller towns wore heels:confused: Actually, most women in London appear to be walking around in flip-flops!:eek:fftopic:

Lillemor

One Too Many
When I do the cm conversion, the difference between me and someone who's 5'2"ft seems endless!lol

I don't think we have petite shops around here and even relatively short older women are taller than me so even if I find something vintage it'll probably be ill fitting from the waist and down or if it has long sleeves. Dresses are really complicated even if they're long because then they don't fit right through the middle.

I recently found some regular high water jeans that fit like regular jeans but usually high water or capri jeans just "float" around my ankles. Regular "short" lengths are always too long.

Inside leg - floor measurement is 70cm or roughly 27½" I'd want pants and full length skirts to fall to 26½" or 68cm. 65cm/25½" may be the right length for some long skirts.

Rachael

A-List Customer
I'm just shy of 5'10" and I wear heels almost every day. I figure once you clear a certain height, you're tall anyways so might as well show off some leg. Besides, I can't find any vintage flats that I like.

as to dating shorter men, I only did that once and it ended very badly. Now it's not a preference thing as much as a bad karma thing; not that it matters now that I'm no longer looking.

Spaugs

New in Town
I am a little over 5' 10" like Rachael, and I like wearing high heeled boots, but as much as my boyfriend loves them, he hates that I end up 1/2 an inch taller than him. I think that's one of the biggest problems with wearing high heels, I get enough stares from the hats I wear and my outfits, sometimes I just don't want that much attention!:(

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
My husband is about 5'8" and a smidge, so he calls me sasquatch. He always seems to point out the height difference when we are standing in front of the bathroom mirror( who knows why?!) I feel terrible wearing heels, especially wedges because then I'm towering over him at around 6'2" lol

Voodoo Kitten

Familiar Face
I am 6'1", 99.9% of the time the tallest lady in any given place.

I worked at the San Diego Wild Animal Park when I was a teenager and there was a "tall people dating club" there one night and it tripped me out to see all the women that were as tall, or taller, then me.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Ah height is fun. I'm 5'6, but have always felt really tall because I was one of the tallest kids in class until about 12 or so when the boys and other girls caught up. Now when I'm in pictures and stuff I'm just so surprised that others are taller when I perceive them as shorter. I'm also the shortest one in my family except my mom (we argue over who is taller when I suppose we are exactly the same height). All 4 of my younger sisters have surpassed me and my brother is 6'4 and has always surpassed me. lol. Weird, I always wanted to be shorter when growing up because of towering over my classmates, but now I realize I'm a good height and am happy with it. If I were any shorter I wouldn't be able to disguise my extra pounds nearly so well. It's interesting to read how tall everybody on here. What variety.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'5 which is pretty average but have always felt incredibly short, somehow I've always had tall friends and my family are all huge! I am the shortest in the family by 3 inches. All my Mom's siblings are over 6'. I almost always wear heels or wedgies though, so often that my bf (whom I've known since I was 10) was convinced that we were only an inch apart, when I take off the shoes I come up to just below his nose.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Just under six foot.

It's a hard life being a tall girl.... on the one hand, off the peg clothes are never quite cut right. On the other hand, you get served quicker in bars....

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I am just a bit over 6' (185 cm). So all those jeans that are too long for you average ladies are still too short on me. My current jeans are gap xlong's and they are barely long enough. Vintage clothing simply doesn't exist in my size, even though I know I had relatives that were my size in the late-1800's and early 20th cent.

Fortunately my 6'2" boyfriend couldn't care less if I am taller than him when I wear heels. Plus he always wears a hat, so he looks taller. :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
alexandra said:
Oh that's another thing, I like my men older. The oldest guy I've ever been with was 10 years older than me and I used to like to say "You know, when I was 5 you were 15. Just pointing that out you creepy old man!" because it made me laugh.

I stretched that a bit by dating, for a few months, a 21 year old when I was 37, and we used similar jokes on each other. By the way, we were both 5'8" and could wear each other's shoes. lol It seems I've always, somehow, dated women who were about the same height as me; usually about 5'7". Pure chance, though, as a woman's height isn't a factor for me.

Later this month, I'll be 5'9". :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah! My younger brother is 6'2" and his fiancee is 4'11"-1/2.

Lee

Treesaaw

New in Town
dollydaydream said:
A question to the vertically challeneged though, I don't think I'm *that* small, but people always make comments about it. Do you get the same???

All of the time! I'm 4' 10" and often when I meet new people the first thing that comes out of their mouths is something to the effect of "Wow, you're so SHORT!". I've gotten used to people saying this though.

My fiance, who is 6' 2", fondly calls me "travel sized". Comes in handy when flying on an airplane and trying to navigate through crowded rooms :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21