Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Wiki says she was 1.51.
But yes, back then people generally were shorter then they are today.
People have roughly been the same size for centuries up to the post ww2 era.
You can compare that generation even to the average medieval person.
In my country people today on average are about 10cms taller then say 50 years ago.
Thanks, that explains it. I'm not questioning Veronica's beauty or anything, but her body looks so tiny and her head so big, like they don't match. It might be because she's opening her mouth. I have a big head (haha!) but it does look like part of my body.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, I'm 5'7''. Problem is: most of girl (and MEN) here aren't exactly that tall. And, finding someone to match the hight in heels is not an easy job. Some of us girl had to opt for no heels or those kitty ones. :( But, it's not MY problem I'm tall(er) than most girls here.. I like it. I can easily find a seat in a crowded bus, just need to look ABOVE all the other's heads. :) :)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I've just re-read this thread with the poll. Interesting there are so many taller ladies in here!

I'm 5' 9" and have always been considered pretty tall - I was at least 5' 7" at 13 when I started High School! I was always being mistaken for being older than I was. I've always enjoyed my height though. Definitely no slouching, ballet taught me to stand well.

Also, I am half Dutch on my father's side, which explains the height. Infact, almost all my family there are taller than me. Only my Grandmother and one cousin are shorter than me. My Grandfather was also a tall man, definitely over 6'. My Aunts are both 6' or over which is very interesting since they were born during and just after WW2 when obviously food was hard to come by. I feel like a right shortie when I visit which is a strange feeling!

Sometimes I forget that I am infact quite a bit taller than some of my friends until I see a photo of us together and I am a good head above them! It sort of surprises me. :)

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'7" but I think I'm mostly legs. For a long time when me and my mom would stand beside each other I'd be a head taller. Then we'd sit and I'd come to her shoulder! I often get comments on how long my legs are, too.

I wanted to be 5'4" for my entire life so I dislike being this tall (especially as I only like taller men!). But knowing that there's other ladies here as tall or even taller than me helps me feel better. :)

Valya

New in Town
I'm 5'1". Generally I like being this height, as I can wear very high heels and still be shorter than many people. However, being that short does not lend itself well to working in the wardrobe dept. of a theater; I always have to ask the male actors (and some female) to bend down so I can measure their heads! Rather embarassing. :p

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I meant to add to my above post that I have been told I am very well proportioned for a taller lady. That was from my ballet teacher years ago. I guess she'd seen her fair share of girls in leotards, so she must have noticed these things.

I do have problems getting things long enough in the sleeve in regular clothes and I need to add about 2 inches to bodices of garments I make to get the waist in the right place plus extra length for the hem. One thing I find a bit tiresome is that if you are a size UK8, they assume you are also short and lengths are rarely long enough. Ok, most people that size are probably shorter than me, I know. Just a small gripe!

Lillemor

One Too Many
I LIED ABOUT MY HEIGHT!!!

Not really, but I miscalculated it and got my 147cm to be 4'10"ft when in fact I'm only about 4'8"ft (147cm = 58 minus 1/12th" aprox.). Here I was thinking that 3" heels could raise me above 5ft but they'll only make me 4'11"ft. It doesn't really matter because I've never desired to be taller (unless I'm shopping for longer bottom garments or long dresses) I just want my legs to appear slimmer.

Disclaimer: I'm math dyslexic so I've relied on online conversions and my "/cm measuring tape. I know someone who's around 5ft even and she has a shorter inside leg measurement than me.

Last edited:

vintageTink

One Too Many
Zombie thread! I was looking for vintage tables and table clearing apparatus, and came across this thread.

I'm 5' 1/2". Not even 5'1". Short stumpy legs, short waisted. *sigh*

TheGamine

New in Town
I'm 5'5" and I like my height most of the time. It seems pretty average, although I live in an area where there are a lot of tall people so I usually feel short. It also means more dating options because most of the smallest men are around my height and most that I've dated have been the same height as me or just a little taller.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I'm 5 '2". For some reason , no one believes me when I tell them my height, they think I am taller. And I hardly ever wear heels. My friends tell me i "Walk Tall"..lol..whatever that means..I have good posture? I walk with an attitude?? They should see me trying to get the peanut butter out of the cupboard..

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
I'm 1,67 m, which apparently is a bit over 5' 6'' . But according to this poll, you girls are tall!!!

I am very typical for a greek woman, most of us have that height.

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'3. When I was in high school I wanted to be 5'7 because I wanted to model but seeing as my mom was 4'11 and dad was 5'9 the odds were I'd be on the short side :)
My husband says it would be weird if I were taller-after 32 years together, he's a bit use to stooping over to kiss me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points