Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Foofoogal

Banned
I am 5 3/4 so didn't know which to choose. I chose 5'1. :) I was the runt in the family which is large.

I never necessarily wanted to be taller. I just wanted longer legs. If I would of been a man I would of definitely been a leg man.

epr25

Practically Family
Coming in at 5'3" here. I always wished I was smaller. To be one of those tiny little 5' tall women that naturally wears a size 1-3 with a size 5 foot. Most assuredly the size 5 foot. But this is all generated by wanting more clothing that I can not fit into.

I'm happy being small. Or 'vertically challenged' as I prefer. I've never wanted to be any taller, but agree and would like to have a couple of extra inches on the legs. It's so difficult to get trousers that fit without having to take them up!!! I only recently started wearing heels on a regular basis & I've always preferred small men. Well, small, but not smaller than me. That's too small!!

A question to the vertically challeneged though, I don't think I'm *that* small, but people always make comments about it. Do you get the same???

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
It's surprising to see some of the heights here. Especially when you get an impression of how tall people are from their pictures and it's different from the real thing.

I'm 5' 6". The average woman is about 5' 4". I guess that means I'm taller than most, although I've never thought of myself as tall. I've always thought of myself as short. I think because I come from a family of tall people & I'm the shortest out of all of them. I'm small in comparison! :)

Folly

One of the Regulars
My husband's the same height as me, though he does insist he's an inch taller :rolleyes:

Being tall, I do have a fascination with men who are taller than me. I've also encountered in the past, some nasty comments about my being, "So tall." like it's a terrible thing to be this height, but I merely shrugged that off as the person being jealous.

alexandra

Practically Family
I'm 5'8" and I don't like being with shorter men at all. I think it's probably because I always date skinny awkward looking guys, so if he's shorter and skinny, and I'm taller and fatter we look like Miss Piggy and Kermit.

Hawt!

MissHannah

One Too Many
This picture of me and my boy always amuses me; try to spot where my hip bones are in comparison to his. We are the same height roughly but he has the shortest legs ever!

MeMarkBirthday2.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
This picture of me and my boy always amuses me; try to spot where my hip bones are in comparison to his. We are the same height roughly but he has the shortest legs ever!

MeMarkBirthday2.jpg

That is just the funniest as I have the opposite problem, my other half is 3 inches taller than me but I am taller than him when we sit down as I have a really long back and super stumpy legs!!lol Great picture. *girl note* I LOVE your shoes!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I'm 5'3" and usually it doesn't bother me at all. I only get disconcerted when I run across kids (nearly)half my age who are taller than me. My brother, for example, is 12 years old, and already about an inch taller than me. Granted, I know men are usually tall, and growth spurts and all that, but it's still very strange.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
5'3" here. I'd love to be about 5'6", but no matter. I wear heels when I go out but flats most other times. No one notices once you have heels on, and most guys seem to have complexes about dating taller women anyway.

My boyfriend is a petite 5'7" and he has said that he likes how I'm not taller than him, even when I'm wearing heels.

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm around 5'9" and regularly wear heels, usually 2.25-3". I'm taller than my mother, but HER sisters are taller than me. My dad's 6'8", so I didn't get his family's height.

There are a lot of women 5'7" or more! Can the poll be revised to break that down further?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
It depends--I've been measured and told the results are anywhere from 5'4" to 5'6" (do I slouch that badly?) I split the difference and say 5'5".

Both my parents were 6' or over but all the women in my greatgrandparent's generation were 5' or under so I think I'm a thowback.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
MissHannah said:

MeMarkBirthday2.jpg

lol Hubby & i are the same way. He is around 5' 10"/5' 11", I'm 5' 6", and we both have a 30" inseam. His sleeve length is longer than his inseam. He's all torso, like a chimpanzee (or humanzee as I call him). lol

MissHannah

One Too Many
MinnieRose said:
I'm 5'9" and am jealous when I come up against someone taller! LOL

Haha! I know what you mean, I find myself secretly sizing women up as they walk towards me down the street and if they are taller when they pass me I get miffed!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot